It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:05 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place for general chat about Sky at Night Magazine

Star of Bethlehem

There could only be one astronomical question at this time of year, namely "What was the Star of Bethlehem?"
The link below takes you to a past "Question and Answer" session with PM. IN this he expresses his facour for the meteor theory, which explains the movement and the fact that we have only the biblical reference to it.
I have devised an extension of this theory, which changes the meteor into a small asteroid ...
Read more : Star of Bethlehem | Views : 1259 | Replies : 3

Happy Christmas to all our readers

I'd like to wish all our readers a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.

Thanks to you, it's been a hugely successful year for us. When we launched the magazine we had no idea it would go down as well as it has, or that we'd have so many favourable messages from amateur astronomers around the world. It may be our "day job" but great feedback truly makes the whole effort worthwhile for ...
Read more : Happy Christmas to all our readers | Views : 1436 | Replies : 2

Orbiter 2005

Hello
The new magazine arrived yesterday, with Orbiter on the CD. I wondered how long it would be before Orbiter was included. If you haven't tried it already, I can tell you that Orbiter is a superb space flight simulator. Written by Dr Martin Schweiger, it has a pretty steep learning curve on account of its depth, but don't let that put you off. As you learn Orbiter you learn lots of stuff about orbits, ...
Read more : Orbiter 2005 | Views : 2068 | Replies : 7

I passed! YEY!

Got these through the post this morning from the Open University!, am soo pleased
http://gallery.treweeke.com/albums/userpics/10005/normal_Pass1.jpg

http://gallery.treweeke.com/albums/userpics/10005/normal_cert.jpg

http://gallery.treweeke.com/albums/userpics/10005/normal_cert_001.jpg
Read more : I passed! YEY! | Views : 2108 | Replies : 8

Sky At Night magazine Issue 1

Hi Gang,
I have every issue of this magazine except issue 1. Does anyone have an issue to sell?
jsc248.
Read more : Sky At Night magazine Issue 1 | Views : 5071 | Replies : 27

The best astro magazine.

What a superb magazine. I have subscribed to many other magazines but this is by far the best!
jsc248
Read more : The best astro magazine. | Views : 1154 | Replies : 3

Opinions on Sky at Night magazine

Now that it has been running for 6 months or so, I wondered what opinions were on this new publication.........

Considering that the Sky at Night has been running since, I believe, April 1957, this magazine has been a long time a-coming.

But I believe its been well worth the wait.

Although priced at £4.25, the publication still offers very good value for money. And, of course, you get a CD ROM included in the ...
Read more : Opinions on Sky at Night magazine | Views : 3703 | Replies : 20

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131022 • Total topics 19935 • Total members 144175