It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:40 am

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Hello all

Hi from Cambridge. I've been an armchair astronomer for a couple of years, someone bought me a scope as a gift... but it didn't put me off! Saving up for a scope which doesn't wobble when I'm trying to look through it, till then I'm using bins and my imagination.

You all seem a friendly bunch, looking forward to getting some good advice in future,
Jo
Read more : Hello all | Views : 2310 | Replies : 7

Greetings from Castleside, Consett, Co Durham.

Hello all,

I'm a 30 something year old software engineer, hailing from the north east - in between Newcastle and Durham City ( and a bit west ).

I live in a mid terraced house - there's very little light polution to my east, south and west - and my house in the way to the north. I'm right on the edge of the penines so lots of dark sky - and lets face it ...
Read more : Greetings from Castleside, Consett, Co Durham. | Views : 3595 | Replies : 10

Heathrow Area - Middlesex

Hello group

I am a new user to this group I have a skywatcher 150mm which I have some good astrophotography show on the website. I having weather and light pollution will get better.

Website : http://www.freewebs.com/londonheathrowtelescopeclub

Read more : Heathrow Area - Middlesex | Views : 1105 | Replies : 2

Hello from Crawley west sussex

Hello my name is mick and i have returned to astronomy after 20years away i have just purchased a william optics ZS66 semi apo with 20mm swan eyepiece only used twice due to cloud grrr my intrests are visual astronomy and i am looking forward to expanding my equipment including a new mount so hello all

Mick.
Read more : Hello from Crawley west sussex | Views : 1393 | Replies : 4

Hi from the Wirral

Hi, I'm Colin.
I'm from Birkenhead on the Wirral' I'v been visiting this site since it began,
(goten lots of handy tips, thanx guys ) so thougt it about time I introduced myself. Been into astronomy,space and sci-fi since I was a kid (now 40ish ).I own :- Tasco Luminova 114mm , ETX-105 with loads of accessories, PST,LPI with laptop and Praktica 20x50 bins.
All this I'v goten in the last 3 years, it started ...
Read more : Hi from the Wirral | Views : 3835 | Replies : 12

Hi all

Hi all.
I have been into astronomy now for nearly 25 years, though not very good at it. I have an ETX and a Revelation telescope with a webcam for imaging. I enjoy the forums as it gives me good informaiton and i can share do and don'ts with others.

I got into astronomy after watching the COSMOS series of Carl Sagans, it opened my eyes as a youngster to what else there is out ...
Read more : Hi all | Views : 1868 | Replies : 6

Hello from Heptonstall Moor

Hi,
I'm Jules, 40 something and after seeing my dads telescope on a visit to Norfolk decided to look at a couple of magazines so if I got a look at the stars I'd have some clue at what I was looking at.
Well thats how it started and now I am hooked. I must say I've not posted previous because my knowledge is limited, I am using binoculars to gaze and I am ...
Read more : Hello from Heptonstall Moor | Views : 4132 | Replies : 13

Hi from Norfolk.

Hi,

New to the forum yesterday. Managed to get a few pics of the partial eclipse yesterday and put one on the photo album. Use an ETX 90 at the moment but looking at getting something a little bigger soon. I was hoping to get a solar filter for the 90 but it never arrived in time so I ended up projecting it via a pair of small bins and taking a photo.

Cheers,

Peter
Read more : Hi from Norfolk. | Views : 1958 | Replies : 5

A hello from Hove, East Sussex.

Hi,

I just occured to me that I have not introduced myself properly before piling on the posts.

I am in the center of Hove. I have a east/south east facing balcony that I do most of my observing from. Loads of light pollution from Brighton to the south east, but not too bad otherwise.

Equipment wise I have a Celestron 130GT, 80GT & Meade 10x50 binos. I also make a load of my own ...
Read more : A hello from Hove, East Sussex. | Views : 1439 | Replies : 3

Hi to all from Southwater

Hi Everybody,

I have been interested in Astronomy for some three years now after subscribing to the Slooh telescope system.

Since then I have become a member of the BAA and attended numerous meetings. I have also completed two university courses on Astronomy. I'm at present on a third being run out of Jodrell Bank (second level Frontiers of Astronomy).

SIXMDM stands for six million dollar man -a man barely alive, from the series in ...
Read more : Hi to all from Southwater | Views : 2347 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 132232 • Total topics 20320 • Total members 146470