It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:30 pm

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Better late than never!

On Jovian's thread I've been heckled to start an 'Introductions' thread.

Well this is it!
Read more : Better late than never! | Views : 1282 | Replies : 4

Hi From West Oxfordshire

Hi everyone...
I'm Steve, I live in West Oxfordshire and I've been interested in astronomy for...well...years and years.
I was very a very active observer as a teenager, I had what I considered at the time a really good telescope,
bought from Dixons in the early 1970's, it was a 3 inch refractor on an equatorial mount, quite along focal length, about f16 I think
and not all that portable...in retrospect it wasn't all ...
Read more : Hi From West Oxfordshire | Views : 3071 | Replies : 15

Hi From Grimsby

Hi all been browsing the forum for a while now but only really had chance to introduce myself. As some of you may know I am in the process of making a website which you can see by following this link www.freewebs.com/mark_smith/ I come from a small town near Grimsby in Lincolnshire and currently a manufacturing apprentice with a local company called Corus who make steel. My other hobbies include Reading, computers and music. Favorite ...
Read more : Hi From Grimsby | Views : 3420 | Replies : 10

Hello

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself to everyone on the forum, as I'm a relatively new user.
Check out my blog for more astronomy news and views!

That's all for now!

Will
Read more : Hello | Views : 1353 | Replies : 3

New London Heathrow Telescope Club

Dear Group
I was ask to do a new Post about the new Middlesex club called London Heathrow Telescope Club

The email is : londonheathrowtelescopeclub@yahoo.co.uk
The Website is : http://www.freewebs.com/londonheathrowtelescopeclub

We use telescopes like Sky watcher Explorer 150mm (6") f/750 Parabolic Newtonian Reflector's & The Bushnell 6" Dobsonian's. Most of the Members work in the Heathrow area & sometimes we meet up in a pub for a good chat or meet at a member house ...
Read more : New London Heathrow Telescope Club | Views : 1123 | Replies : 3

Hi from the Samannan Plateau

Hi There,

From the Slamannan Plateau in central Scotland, we have great views over looking the Bonnybridge Triangle (any UFO buffs here) but haven't seen any aliens yet. Despite the strange name I'm Ian and have been into staring at the skies for 10 or so years mostly on am old tasco reflector, I have recentlt invested in a Relevation12 Dobsonian which is excellent and only requires the addition of a few eyepieces which i ...
Read more : Hi from the Samannan Plateau | Views : 2360 | Replies : 9

Umm.. errr...Hello ?

Hello..

I'm a bit of an Astronomical Newbie.

Been interested in "space" since reading a story set on Venus when I was a nipper/
(yes I know it was all wrong..but hey...when you're 6 it doesn't matter !)
Over 40 yrs later I have now acquired my first telescope.. a 102mm refractor.
I'm looking forward to seeing "stuff" have only managed about 90 mins since getting 'scope on Saturday. Was astonished at how good craters ...
Read more : Umm.. errr...Hello ? | Views : 2634 | Replies : 12

hey...

Just realised everyone's done introductions! so here's my belated intro!

Jessica and in the second half of my 20s.! I'm a sciences student, it takes up so much of my time therefore it can be weeks between my visits to the website.

I have been into astronomy since I can remember and it easily distracts me from anything!!

Still not 100% sure what I want to do when I graduate, probably more studying!!
Read more : hey... | Views : 2689 | Replies : 12

Hi to all from Plymouth

Just a few lines to say HELLO to everyone.

My name is realy Martin, but my friends call me Harry because of my last name.
I live in Plymouth Devon UK.

I have just started astronomy this year and i am so glad that i started to get the mag "sky at night" because it opend up the chance to learn from people that have years of know how. Plus not forgeting the chance to ...
Read more : Hi to all from Plymouth | Views : 1613 | Replies : 7

Hello Everyone

I live in Tamwoth in Staffordshire. I am pretty new to astronomy. I have always really been interested in Spaceflight / Space history (A space baby c'63). Following the lucky chance to see a shuttle launch in Florida 2000 I began trawling NASA sites looking for more info, picked up a couple of books with the sole intention of researching missions past and present. I was then that I began reading more of the astronomy ...
Read more : Hello Everyone | Views : 2370 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131700 • Total topics 20166 • Total members 145324