It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:46 pm

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

A hello from Hove, East Sussex.

Hi,

I just occured to me that I have not introduced myself properly before piling on the posts.

I am in the center of Hove. I have a east/south east facing balcony that I do most of my observing from. Loads of light pollution from Brighton to the south east, but not too bad otherwise.

Equipment wise I have a Celestron 130GT, 80GT & Meade 10x50 binos. I also make a load of my own ...
Read more : A hello from Hove, East Sussex. | Views : 1251 | Replies : 3

Hi to all from Southwater

Hi Everybody,

I have been interested in Astronomy for some three years now after subscribing to the Slooh telescope system.

Since then I have become a member of the BAA and attended numerous meetings. I have also completed two university courses on Astronomy. I'm at present on a third being run out of Jodrell Bank (second level Frontiers of Astronomy).

SIXMDM stands for six million dollar man -a man barely alive, from the series in ...
Read more : Hi to all from Southwater | Views : 2099 | Replies : 6

Hello from Cumbria

Hi all,

Stephen here from Cumbria. I've been viewing the forum for some time. Thought I might as well join in! I've been into astronomy since I were a lad :)

I currently own binoculars - Olympus 8x42 (superb optics!) and some Pentax 20x60 which are so uncomfortable to use at night I don't bother with them, even when tripod mounted.

I don't have a scope at the moment, although I've been looking at the ...
Read more : Hello from Cumbria | Views : 1927 | Replies : 7

Better late than never!

On Jovian's thread I've been heckled to start an 'Introductions' thread.

Well this is it!
Read more : Better late than never! | Views : 1376 | Replies : 4

Hi From West Oxfordshire

Hi everyone...
I'm Steve, I live in West Oxfordshire and I've been interested in astronomy for...well...years and years.
I was very a very active observer as a teenager, I had what I considered at the time a really good telescope,
bought from Dixons in the early 1970's, it was a 3 inch refractor on an equatorial mount, quite along focal length, about f16 I think
and not all that portable...in retrospect it wasn't all ...
Read more : Hi From West Oxfordshire | Views : 3293 | Replies : 15

Hi From Grimsby

Hi all been browsing the forum for a while now but only really had chance to introduce myself. As some of you may know I am in the process of making a website which you can see by following this link www.freewebs.com/mark_smith/ I come from a small town near Grimsby in Lincolnshire and currently a manufacturing apprentice with a local company called Corus who make steel. My other hobbies include Reading, computers and music. Favorite ...
Read more : Hi From Grimsby | Views : 3566 | Replies : 10

Hello

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself to everyone on the forum, as I'm a relatively new user.
Check out my blog for more astronomy news and views!

That's all for now!

Will
Read more : Hello | Views : 1420 | Replies : 3

New London Heathrow Telescope Club

Dear Group
I was ask to do a new Post about the new Middlesex club called London Heathrow Telescope Club

The email is : londonheathrowtelescopeclub@yahoo.co.uk
The Website is : http://www.freewebs.com/londonheathrowtelescopeclub

We use telescopes like Sky watcher Explorer 150mm (6") f/750 Parabolic Newtonian Reflector's & The Bushnell 6" Dobsonian's. Most of the Members work in the Heathrow area & sometimes we meet up in a pub for a good chat or meet at a member house ...
Read more : New London Heathrow Telescope Club | Views : 1193 | Replies : 3

Hi from the Samannan Plateau

Hi There,

From the Slamannan Plateau in central Scotland, we have great views over looking the Bonnybridge Triangle (any UFO buffs here) but haven't seen any aliens yet. Despite the strange name I'm Ian and have been into staring at the skies for 10 or so years mostly on am old tasco reflector, I have recentlt invested in a Relevation12 Dobsonian which is excellent and only requires the addition of a few eyepieces which i ...
Read more : Hi from the Samannan Plateau | Views : 2513 | Replies : 9

Umm.. errr...Hello ?

Hello..

I'm a bit of an Astronomical Newbie.

Been interested in "space" since reading a story set on Venus when I was a nipper/
(yes I know it was all wrong..but hey...when you're 6 it doesn't matter !)
Over 40 yrs later I have now acquired my first telescope.. a 102mm refractor.
I'm looking forward to seeing "stuff" have only managed about 90 mins since getting 'scope on Saturday. Was astonished at how good craters ...
Read more : Umm.. errr...Hello ? | Views : 2830 | Replies : 12

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131878 • Total topics 20223 • Total members 145726