It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:06 pm

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

hey...

Just realised everyone's done introductions! so here's my belated intro!

Jessica and in the second half of my 20s.! I'm a sciences student, it takes up so much of my time therefore it can be weeks between my visits to the website.

I have been into astronomy since I can remember and it easily distracts me from anything!!

Still not 100% sure what I want to do when I graduate, probably more studying!!
Read more : hey... | Views : 2890 | Replies : 12

Hi to all from Plymouth

Just a few lines to say HELLO to everyone.

My name is realy Martin, but my friends call me Harry because of my last name.
I live in Plymouth Devon UK.

I have just started astronomy this year and i am so glad that i started to get the mag "sky at night" because it opend up the chance to learn from people that have years of know how. Plus not forgeting the chance to ...
Read more : Hi to all from Plymouth | Views : 1736 | Replies : 7

Hello Everyone

I live in Tamwoth in Staffordshire. I am pretty new to astronomy. I have always really been interested in Spaceflight / Space history (A space baby c'63). Following the lucky chance to see a shuttle launch in Florida 2000 I began trawling NASA sites looking for more info, picked up a couple of books with the sole intention of researching missions past and present. I was then that I began reading more of the astronomy ...
Read more : Hello Everyone | Views : 2520 | Replies : 10

Happy Birthday!!!

Seeing as we have three members birthday's today, I thought it a good time to say happy birthday to:

asterixhb,

jaycee, and

TonyS

Happy Birthday!!!

Just thought i'd mark the occasion
Read more : Happy Birthday!!! | Views : 2076 | Replies : 9

hello

hello,

I have been observing for about 6 months, but I am very much an amatuer

I have a 114mm reflector, and the best obsevation so far has been Saturn

only just discovered this forum, hope to learn from it and have some needed fun in work

hope to improve my equipment very soon, but enjoy just looking at the stars, planets, clusters on a clear night
just my eyes
Read more : hello | Views : 1550 | Replies : 6

Hi everyone

I have been into all this for the last six years I use a Mead LX200 10inch and I built my own observatory with dome. I also have a Mead LXD55 6inch refractor on an EQ5 peir mounted which I use mostly for planets. Had some fun with it the other night as I had to brush the snow off it between snow showers. Stayed up till 4.30am to see jupiter for the first time ...
Read more : Hi everyone | Views : 2048 | Replies : 8

Aberdeen says hi!!

As in the title, I am from Aberdeen and my name is Andy.

Newly registered on the forum here and I have spent the last 2 hours gleening loads of info. I am now more confused that I was before I found the site

Got my first telescope 25 years ago but its only recently my interest has been re-kindled.

Mainly my free day time is taken up blasting around a beach sat in a ...
Read more : Aberdeen says hi!! | Views : 3017 | Replies : 13

Hello there

Hi everyone,

Although I've been a member of this forum for a while now,I haven't introduced myself yet.I'm 40 yrs old this month and have been interested in astronomy for thirty of those years,since I started observing the night sky with my Grandfather's 10x50 Boots Admiral binoculars,shortly after he bought them during the long hot Summer of 1976.
The poor soul never got to use them very often,as I soon commandeered them for my stargazing.Mind ...
Read more : Hello there | Views : 2040 | Replies : 6

Another new member

Hello all,

I've been observing for more than 33 years, read astronomy and astrophysics at University and then gave it all up to concentrate on twin careers in IT and music. I rediscovered my interest 4 years ago, rejoined my local society and ended up on the committe where I look after their web pages (http://www.newcastleastronomical.org.uk) and our discussion group (newcastle_astro@yahoogroups.com).

Editted to correct the goofy URL:

Best wishes to all,
David
http://www.infectionmusic.co.uk
Read more : Another new member | Views : 2460 | Replies : 9

A Pictorial Hello!

Hi Gang,
After just introducing myself to you all I thought it would be good if we could get to see who we were talking to. With this in mind I'm starting a rogues gallery thread. Come on don't be shy, let's see you all too!
John jsc248

local://30/47B2F79C5B1A497988E84CE2C606E614.jpg
Read more : A Pictorial Hello! | Views : 982 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131885 • Total topics 20225 • Total members 145728