It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 9:11 am

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Venus saved my life; introduced me to Astronomy

I found myself on Haworth Moor (I posted about Haworth Moor earlier, which reminded me of this incident and how I discovered Astronomy), in winter, all alone and looking for direction. I was lost both literally and spiritually. I had just gone through a traumatic divorce, one which limited my access to my son and daughter that I cared so much about. I wandered over the moors for hours, just trying to make sense of ...
Read more : Venus saved my life; introduced me to Astronomy | Views : 1907 | Replies : 5

Introdution

Hi Names John just retired purchased first scope Meade ETX 125 in Dec been interested for many years but only just got around to it having a bit of a problem at present as my scope has a mind of its own my supplier thinks a faulty autostar may be the problem as soon as it is sorted hope to get lots of tips from reading all the intersting messages that I see on the ...
Read more : Introdution | Views : 1220 | Replies : 2

new member sit on the side line

HELLO ALL
I AM AS I SAY SITTING ON THE SIDE LINE
LEARNING A LOT .FROM THE FORUM
EXCELLENT SITE
MAYBE IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS I MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING INTERESTING AND WORTH WHILE TO SAY
MANY THANKS
SEANSSKY
Read more : new member sit on the side line | Views : 1078 | Replies : 2

The happy demise of a "serious" amateur astronomer

I suppose I ought to take the opportunity:

Been observing on and off for 45 years or so. Started off NE, then small bins, about 20 yrs ago I wanted a scope so I made one, then made all my own scopes, then about 6 yrs ago I bought one. Things escalated.

A few years ago I was getting seriously high tech -- everything getting computerised, etc. -- and getting very serious about making "useful" ...
Read more : The happy demise of a "serious" amateur astronomer | Views : 1651 | Replies : 5

Hi & welcome to all the 'newbies'

Hi and welcome to all the 'newbies' who have joined the forum over the past couple of weeks or so.

Everyone is quite correct in saying that we're quite a freindly bunch, and that the more experienced skywatchers always seem ready & willing to offer to us novices the benefit of that experience with their opinions and advice.

And how exiciting to join this forum at such an early stage and whilst it is still ...
Read more : Hi & welcome to all the 'newbies' | Views : 1719 | Replies : 4

Hello from Scotland.

Hello All,
My name is Rick and I'm from Inverness,Scotland.Reasonably new to viewing the skies. I have a Skywatcher MAC 127- EQ3-2 (retirement gift)of which I am still trying to get to grips with.
I have recently taken early retirement from the Ambulance Service,interested in :- Astronomy,Fishing, DIYand computers.
Regards,
Rick D.
Read more : Hello from Scotland. | Views : 2244 | Replies : 8

Newbie from up North

Hello from Northumbria

I've always been interested in the stars being brought up miles from civilization in rural Suffolk, they have always been there!

It's only since my wife has been ill and we have taken early retirement that I've had the time to pursue this one of my hobbies.

I recently bought a Konus 130 motor-max and turning it to the heavens found out there is a lot more up there than I could ...
Read more : Newbie from up North | Views : 1664 | Replies : 6

Proff mcgoff signing in!!

Hey all just to say that i recevied my subscription and after reading the jan issue 3 hours had past "happy days".

Can't wait for the coming year all thing's in the night sky.

And who know's maybe get a telescope that i can use proper and not take most of the night to set up< is a total noob, but hey that's why i'm here to learn.

Over and out.

p.s quality magazine by ...
Read more : Proff mcgoff signing in!! | Views : 1246 | Replies : 4

Hi All

My name is Darren and I live just outside of Bedford. My views are mainly N to SE (just!) and hopefully a bit more West come Spring.

I'm interested in all aspects of astronomy from visual observing, imaging and am trying to start variable star estimations as well.

Cheers

Daz

P.S. Hi to Starman and Big Dipper :D
Read more : Hi All | Views : 1548 | Replies : 4

TonyS say Hi

Hi
I still haven't got a telescope, I use my 10x50 binoculars.
Living in town means light pollution I cannot escape from. So if anyone use a portable telescope costing no more than £400 they can recommend I would be grateful. Let me know how long it takes to set up and ease of use.
Read more : TonyS say Hi | Views : 980 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131259 • Total topics 20031 • Total members 144618