It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:14 am

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Another new member

Hello all,

I've been observing for more than 33 years, read astronomy and astrophysics at University and then gave it all up to concentrate on twin careers in IT and music. I rediscovered my interest 4 years ago, rejoined my local society and ended up on the committe where I look after their web pages (http://www.newcastleastronomical.org.uk) and our discussion group (newcastle_astro@yahoogroups.com).

Editted to correct the goofy URL:

Best wishes to all,
David
http://www.infectionmusic.co.uk
Read more : Another new member | Views : 2602 | Replies : 9

A Pictorial Hello!

Hi Gang,
After just introducing myself to you all I thought it would be good if we could get to see who we were talking to. With this in mind I'm starting a rogues gallery thread. Come on don't be shy, let's see you all too!
John jsc248

local://30/47B2F79C5B1A497988E84CE2C606E614.jpg
Read more : A Pictorial Hello! | Views : 1049 | Replies : 1

A belated hello!

Hi Gang,
My name is John Cave and I come from a town called Huyton in the outskirts of Liverpool. The LP around here isn't too bad and from my observation site in my back garden in is quite dark. I am 45 years old and have been an active astronomer for around 30 years (why do I suddenly feel so old?).
I have found this forum to be a great place to meet like ...
Read more : A belated hello! | Views : 1410 | Replies : 3

An Intro of sorts

Its difficult to find people, interested in astronomy and willing to help a poor uneducated chap like myself...especially in these parts I think (Wallsend). I'd really be thankful of some assistance in colibrating my newtonian 8 inch coz ...well I'm scared frankly, cos I've never done it before and can't afford the swanky tools to make it easier...pity me please if you can help!!!...Oh yes and greetings to you all of course...I didnt realise that ...
Read more : An Intro of sorts | Views : 1500 | Replies : 3

Greetings Earthlings

Hello everyone, just joined and hope to pick up lots of tips for the more advanced of you.

Read more : Greetings Earthlings | Views : 1595 | Replies : 3

Welcome, welcome, welcome & thanks

Isn't this great - we seem to be having a surge of new members - to whom I bid a warm welcome, and as I'm still in my infancy with both astronomy and this forum, I am unable to offer any advice (yet).

Prior to my joining the forum I must admit that I was initially a little hesitant, thinking that maybe the forum would be 'all anorack and OTT' - but no, there is ...
Read more : Welcome, welcome, welcome & thanks | Views : 1523 | Replies : 3

An Indian beginner from Sweden

Dear Friends,

My name is Dipak Sundaram. I am pursuing my Masters degree in IT at KTH, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden. Im of Indian origin.

Participating in these forums is my first step into the Astronomy community. I am recently thinking of astronomy as a serious hobby and would like to start observations. I have bought a few books (not yet a telescope) and gone through many web-sites and forums.

I would be grateful ...
Read more : An Indian beginner from Sweden | Views : 2754 | Replies : 9

Hello to all in this Forum ...

Tom here ... I'd just like to say hello to everyone in this forum. I've always been interested in technical hobbies and I've been a radio amateur for 30+ years. This led on about 5 years ago to weather satellite imagery reception and more recently to a deep interest in Cosmology and wierder stuff like Time! I'm self employed in the business computing line and have a particular interest in promoting the ethics behind Open ...
Read more : Hello to all in this Forum ... | Views : 4293 | Replies : 17

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

My names Jess and I’m 17 from the Northern Yorkshire/Teesside area. At the minute I’m studying at college, in my first year, and I hope to continue on to A-Level next year. I don’t actually have a telescope, but have been enjoying immersing myself in a few books and the BBC Sky at Night magazine. I’m still catching on to the most basic of things, really, but the Master Class section of the ...
Read more : Hi Everyone | Views : 1708 | Replies : 4

New Member, New Stargazer!

Hi, im Rick 35, from near norwich,
Im new to here and only two weeks into my new hobby so am looking for lot of help and advice!
ps can someone please move those ***** cloulds!
thanks and i look forward to chatting to you all
Hello everyone, Rick.
Read more : New Member, New Stargazer! | Views : 1861 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131990 • Total topics 20255 • Total members 145937