It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:44 am

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

An Intro of sorts

Its difficult to find people, interested in astronomy and willing to help a poor uneducated chap like myself...especially in these parts I think (Wallsend). I'd really be thankful of some assistance in colibrating my newtonian 8 inch coz ...well I'm scared frankly, cos I've never done it before and can't afford the swanky tools to make it easier...pity me please if you can help!!!...Oh yes and greetings to you all of course...I didnt realise that ...
Read more : An Intro of sorts | Views : 1308 | Replies : 3

Greetings Earthlings

Hello everyone, just joined and hope to pick up lots of tips for the more advanced of you.

Read more : Greetings Earthlings | Views : 1422 | Replies : 3

Welcome, welcome, welcome & thanks

Isn't this great - we seem to be having a surge of new members - to whom I bid a warm welcome, and as I'm still in my infancy with both astronomy and this forum, I am unable to offer any advice (yet).

Prior to my joining the forum I must admit that I was initially a little hesitant, thinking that maybe the forum would be 'all anorack and OTT' - but no, there is ...
Read more : Welcome, welcome, welcome & thanks | Views : 1360 | Replies : 3

An Indian beginner from Sweden

Dear Friends,

My name is Dipak Sundaram. I am pursuing my Masters degree in IT at KTH, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden. Im of Indian origin.

Participating in these forums is my first step into the Astronomy community. I am recently thinking of astronomy as a serious hobby and would like to start observations. I have bought a few books (not yet a telescope) and gone through many web-sites and forums.

I would be grateful ...
Read more : An Indian beginner from Sweden | Views : 2415 | Replies : 9

Hello to all in this Forum ...

Tom here ... I'd just like to say hello to everyone in this forum. I've always been interested in technical hobbies and I've been a radio amateur for 30+ years. This led on about 5 years ago to weather satellite imagery reception and more recently to a deep interest in Cosmology and wierder stuff like Time! I'm self employed in the business computing line and have a particular interest in promoting the ethics behind Open ...
Read more : Hello to all in this Forum ... | Views : 3912 | Replies : 17

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

My names Jess and I’m 17 from the Northern Yorkshire/Teesside area. At the minute I’m studying at college, in my first year, and I hope to continue on to A-Level next year. I don’t actually have a telescope, but have been enjoying immersing myself in a few books and the BBC Sky at Night magazine. I’m still catching on to the most basic of things, really, but the Master Class section of the ...
Read more : Hi Everyone | Views : 1478 | Replies : 4

New Member, New Stargazer!

Hi, im Rick 35, from near norwich,
Im new to here and only two weeks into my new hobby so am looking for lot of help and advice!
ps can someone please move those ***** cloulds!
thanks and i look forward to chatting to you all
Hello everyone, Rick.
Read more : New Member, New Stargazer! | Views : 1682 | Replies : 4

Hello all

A quick intro.

I have been hooked to this hobby for 23 years now. Main areas of interest are planets, deepsky observing and the main one, imaging.

Currently using a Skywatcher 100ED and William Optics Zenithstar 80 with a Skywatcher EQ6 Skyscan.

For imaging using a Canon 10D and Toucam SC3.

Even after 23 years i still find the planets mesmerising. Really looking forward to getting stuck into Jupiter again.

Just need some clear nights. ...
Read more : Hello all | Views : 1187 | Replies : 2

Hello All

Hi, I'm Gary, A newcomer to this and currently using some Celestron 15 X 70 bins, with the hope to buying a scope soon.
I live near Newark in Nottinghamshire. Looking forward to my time here, and picking up some good advice.

Gary
Read more : Hello All | Views : 1943 | Replies : 3

Venus saved my life; introduced me to Astronomy

I found myself on Haworth Moor (I posted about Haworth Moor earlier, which reminded me of this incident and how I discovered Astronomy), in winter, all alone and looking for direction. I was lost both literally and spiritually. I had just gone through a traumatic divorce, one which limited my access to my son and daughter that I cared so much about. I wandered over the moors for hours, just trying to make sense of ...
Read more : Venus saved my life; introduced me to Astronomy | Views : 2982 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131788 • Total topics 20204 • Total members 145510