It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:30 pm

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Hello to all in this Forum ...

Tom here ... I'd just like to say hello to everyone in this forum. I've always been interested in technical hobbies and I've been a radio amateur for 30+ years. This led on about 5 years ago to weather satellite imagery reception and more recently to a deep interest in Cosmology and wierder stuff like Time! I'm self employed in the business computing line and have a particular interest in promoting the ethics behind Open ...
Read more : Hello to all in this Forum ... | Views : 3685 | Replies : 17

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

My names Jess and I’m 17 from the Northern Yorkshire/Teesside area. At the minute I’m studying at college, in my first year, and I hope to continue on to A-Level next year. I don’t actually have a telescope, but have been enjoying immersing myself in a few books and the BBC Sky at Night magazine. I’m still catching on to the most basic of things, really, but the Master Class section of the ...
Read more : Hi Everyone | Views : 1365 | Replies : 4

New Member, New Stargazer!

Hi, im Rick 35, from near norwich,
Im new to here and only two weeks into my new hobby so am looking for lot of help and advice!
ps can someone please move those ***** cloulds!
thanks and i look forward to chatting to you all
Hello everyone, Rick.
Read more : New Member, New Stargazer! | Views : 1576 | Replies : 4

Hello all

A quick intro.

I have been hooked to this hobby for 23 years now. Main areas of interest are planets, deepsky observing and the main one, imaging.

Currently using a Skywatcher 100ED and William Optics Zenithstar 80 with a Skywatcher EQ6 Skyscan.

For imaging using a Canon 10D and Toucam SC3.

Even after 23 years i still find the planets mesmerising. Really looking forward to getting stuck into Jupiter again.

Just need some clear nights. ...
Read more : Hello all | Views : 1105 | Replies : 2

Hello All

Hi, I'm Gary, A newcomer to this and currently using some Celestron 15 X 70 bins, with the hope to buying a scope soon.
I live near Newark in Nottinghamshire. Looking forward to my time here, and picking up some good advice.

Gary
Read more : Hello All | Views : 1843 | Replies : 3

Venus saved my life; introduced me to Astronomy

I found myself on Haworth Moor (I posted about Haworth Moor earlier, which reminded me of this incident and how I discovered Astronomy), in winter, all alone and looking for direction. I was lost both literally and spiritually. I had just gone through a traumatic divorce, one which limited my access to my son and daughter that I cared so much about. I wandered over the moors for hours, just trying to make sense of ...
Read more : Venus saved my life; introduced me to Astronomy | Views : 2542 | Replies : 5

Introdution

Hi Names John just retired purchased first scope Meade ETX 125 in Dec been interested for many years but only just got around to it having a bit of a problem at present as my scope has a mind of its own my supplier thinks a faulty autostar may be the problem as soon as it is sorted hope to get lots of tips from reading all the intersting messages that I see on the ...
Read more : Introdution | Views : 1340 | Replies : 2

new member sit on the side line

HELLO ALL
I AM AS I SAY SITTING ON THE SIDE LINE
LEARNING A LOT .FROM THE FORUM
EXCELLENT SITE
MAYBE IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS I MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING INTERESTING AND WORTH WHILE TO SAY
MANY THANKS
SEANSSKY
Read more : new member sit on the side line | Views : 1191 | Replies : 2

The happy demise of a "serious" amateur astronomer

I suppose I ought to take the opportunity:

Been observing on and off for 45 years or so. Started off NE, then small bins, about 20 yrs ago I wanted a scope so I made one, then made all my own scopes, then about 6 yrs ago I bought one. Things escalated.

A few years ago I was getting seriously high tech -- everything getting computerised, etc. -- and getting very serious about making "useful" ...
Read more : The happy demise of a "serious" amateur astronomer | Views : 1819 | Replies : 5

Hi & welcome to all the 'newbies'

Hi and welcome to all the 'newbies' who have joined the forum over the past couple of weeks or so.

Everyone is quite correct in saying that we're quite a freindly bunch, and that the more experienced skywatchers always seem ready & willing to offer to us novices the benefit of that experience with their opinions and advice.

And how exiciting to join this forum at such an early stage and whilst it is still ...
Read more : Hi & welcome to all the 'newbies' | Views : 1851 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131585 • Total topics 20132 • Total members 145120