It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:47 pm

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

asterixhb

Hello all.
I'm Kev from near Callington (East Cornwall) and have been vaguely interested in astro stuff since my early teens. About 4 years ago I bought my first scope, an Orion Optics F5 6" Europa (which I shamefully admit is gathering dust right now), but I still remember my first view of the Ring Nebula. Not really having a clue how to polar align, this was much more of an achievement than it sounds. ...
Read more : asterixhb | Views : 1871 | Replies : 5

Big Dipper here

Hi all,

My real name is Andy & I hail from the City of the Dreaming Spires - Oxford.

Although very light polluted, I have managed to do film-based astrophotography with the aid of an LPR through my 11" Celestron Ultima SCT & ST4 autoguider for around 15 years now. Health reasons have caused me to slow down in recent years - but my interest in the hobby is still strong. I'm delighted to see ...
Read more : Big Dipper here | Views : 933 | Replies : 0

Hello

As my 'New Members' thread has lead to the introduction of this new section then, although not a very recent member, I'll 'kick off" along with 'smidge' and introduce msyself.

I'm Dave and I'm located in Suffolk, where I am very fortunate to live in village without any street lighting, and as such, enjoy reasonably dark-skies.

My main interest is Deep-Sky CCD imaging, alhtough I still enjoy visual observing.

I have always had a background ...
Read more : Hello | Views : 1194 | Replies : 3

Smidge

OK.. I will start, I am a newcomer to this all and only been actually observing for about five months... not much observing though due to our wonderful cloud cover hat. lol. My best sightings...hmm well now I would have to say every time I look into the EP all that I see is my best sightings.

I have been interested in the night sky from a young age about 8 ish I think lol, ...
Read more : Smidge | Views : 1833 | Replies : 5

Introducing yourselves

Dear all,

This new section has been created specifically for all new members of the forum, as a platform to introduce yourselves to other members. You might want to include how long you have been observing for or what your favourite sitings have been to date not to mention what your backgrounds are.

We hope you have fun getting to know one another.

Best,

Admin
Read more : Introducing yourselves | Views : 27881 | Replies : 131

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131700 • Total topics 20166 • Total members 145318