It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:50 pm

News News of yourdomain.com

Site map of yourdomain.com » Forum : yourdomain.com

A short text to describe your forum

Cannot see the telescope slewed object.

I am a new comer to the forum.
I own a Celestron advanced vx 8 telescope with German Equatorial mount. The equipment is equipped with Celestron Skyportal skyQ link software. The observing is done by pinpointing an sky object in the software planetarium and the telescope slewed to the selected object which is shown as a the blue cross button.The telescope is right on the object but I cannot see anything through my eyepiece. Is ...
Read more : Cannot see the telescope slewed object. | Views : 127 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Sky At Night vodcast

Is there a nightly database of pictures of the night sky?

Is there a center for pictures captured by amateur astronomer or alike?
I am looking to see if there are any organizations that gather pictures of world-wide night sky.
I doubt it, but I must ask.
Read more : Is there a nightly database of pictures of the night sky? | Views : 245 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General

Which is the better 10 inch reflector

Greeting to all,

After some many years out of Astronomy i have decided to come back to the fold as it were, with this in mined i have but one question on the two 10 inch Dobsonian reflectors i have to choose from and they are the Bresser, or, the SkyWatcher Skyline 250 PX.

Excepting the mounting of the tube to the main mount stand as it were, i see no great difference in either ...
Read more : Which is the better 10 inch reflector | Views : 207 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Equipment Advice

New scope opinions..

I'm an "old" newbie looking to buy a low price starter. I fell in love with a newton but after all I read about the adjustments and the frailty of the design, I've turned to shopping refractors. I've never even looked through a scope before besides my riflescopes and I want to be able to use the thing, not work on it! Ok, to the scope..a Celestron Powerseeker 80EQ. At $100, that's not much....Question is, ...
Read more : New scope opinions.. | Views : 392 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Ask a silly (astronomy) question

M57 Ring Nebula and M27 Dumbell

Hi all I took these images on the 2nd July,hope you enjoy,thanks for looking.
Andy
Read more : M57 Ring Nebula and M27 Dumbell | Views : 213 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

Hello new member

Madamx is a new member of the forum sky at night magazine, very pleased to be acquainted and make friends to share everything in life with people. Especially learned from the forum.
Thank you.
Read more : Hello new member | Views : 273 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Travel scope: 70/500 vs 80/400 achromat? Travel scope: 70/500 vs 80/400 achromat?

I'm looking for a lightweight telescope under $300, capable of being transported in a backpack for hikes (along with its mount). For general purpose: I'll use it for both astronomy and terrestrial. I live in a white zone, so from home it'll be planets and the Moon, but from out of town I can hit some brighter DSOs too. I'd also like to take photos of birds and such, by attaching a DSLR. I realise ...
Read more : Travel scope: 70/500 vs 80/400 achromat? | Views : 115 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Equipment Advice

Telescope viewing

So I've recently bought a telescope and I was viewing Jupiter last and I could see it with 4 of its moon. But Jupiter itself just looked like a ball of light (a bit like the photo attacked below). I use a Nova 114mm x 500mm reflector telescope and a 10mm lens with a 2X barlow. Was just wondering if there is any way I can better my view of Jupiter and maybe start seeing ...
Read more : Telescope viewing | Views : 246 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Ask a silly (astronomy) question

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131419 • Total topics 20096 • Total members 144995