It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:53 am

News News of yourdomain.com

Site map of yourdomain.com » Forum : yourdomain.com

A short text to describe your forum

Triangulum Galaxy

Having tuned up the tracking on the 11" telescope, I thought I would try once again to image the Triangulum Galaxy. It is a large object but very dim. I got 8 successful and reasonably sharp 60sec images.
Stacking them yielded this image.

For simplicity I used the Canon, and had a go at training the mount for Periodic Error Correction, which seems to have helped. I would probably have done better with the ...
Read more : Triangulum Galaxy | Views : 70 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

M42 Orion nebula

Hi all this is my first image with my colour camera,thanks for looking.
Andy
Read more : M42 Orion nebula | Views : 65 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

Goto Mount For Use In Singapore

Hi guys! Can anyone tell me which goto mounts will work in Singapore? It's latitude is only 1.35 N and is beyond the range of the NEQ6(as far as I can see). Is there a similar mount that will operate there or can the NEQ6 be adapted?

All help appreciated, thanks!
Read more : Goto Mount For Use In Singapore | Views : 106 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Ask a silly (astronomy) question

Sky-Watcher Telescope Advice

Hi!

I am thinking of upgrading my current basic scope to something new and I'm a bit confused...

The scopes which interest me are the Startravel 120mm or the Evostar 120mm. Both are in my price range of £250 - £350.

I want a good all round scope which will also enable me to do some amateur photography (mostly through a smart phone).

What are peoples thoughts? I am not very knowledgeable about the differences ...
Read more : Sky-Watcher Telescope Advice | Views : 150 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Equipment Advice

Meteor November 12th

https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippug ... ed-public/

I took multiple exposures with my DSLR at 18mm focal length, ISO6400 and 5 seconds exposure.
Read more : Meteor November 12th | Views : 113 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

Yes it's really me...

Hi there one and all. I'm Alan and a 60yo from NE Scotland.

Have had a great interest in astronomy, manned space flight, extra terrestrial exploration etc etc etc for all of my life.

My wife got me a Celestron 130 for Christmas last year and I've been that keen guy standing out in the garden in the freezing cold in the middle of the country with a wee dram to help keep me warm ...
Read more : Yes it's really me... | Views : 262 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Star Adventurer Mini - issues

Anyone got a Star Adventurer Mini mount? I'm having trouble with the mount's "console" app on my android phone in that it quite regularly refuses to "connect" with the mount despite the phone being connected to the mount's WiFi. I can't decide if it's due to my phone being Android v7.1.2 or another app messing it up. Seems to work fine on my older android v5.1 phone.

Suggestions or success stories about this mount would ...
Read more : Star Adventurer Mini - issues | Views : 77 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Equipment Advice

October Summary and Links

#PhilipPugh My October #astronomy summary with links to the full report and photo video is here: http://www.philippughastronomer.com/Phi ... ctive.html
Read more : October Summary and Links | Views : 321 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

How far is a Light year?

All are know that light year is the unit of distance. It is often used when expressing distances to stars. It is the total distance that a beam of light travels in one year.
Read more : How far is a Light year? | Views : 315 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General

How to write an essay on the topic sky at night?

Writing essay is a easy task if you are well in the topic. Essays are depending on your knowledge in a particular topic. But here no need to worry. The essay writing services will provide quality essays whatever your topic is.
Read more : How to write an essay on the topic sky at night? | Views : 232 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 130471 • Total topics 19835 • Total members 143755