It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 5:54 am

News News of yourdomain.com

Site map of yourdomain.com » Forum : yourdomain.com

A short text to describe your forum

Hello!

I'm a new person to this forum business. I've joined because where I live in rural Wales, I have great dark skies, when they aren't obscured by our damp climate!

I'm not a very accomplished astronomer, I have some large WW2 naval binos, which do provide some startlingly good results. My main reason for joining this site is to ask questions, find out where to look (I do have a few almanacs - so try ...
Read more : Hello! | Views : 95 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Problems uploading to Hotshots Gallery.

Hi,
I'm trying to make an upload to the Astrophotography Hotshots gallery, but i always get a Http error whenever i try to upload my image.
"An HTTP error 0 occurred. <br />/filefield/ahah/gallery_image/field_image/0"
I've even tried making the image a lot smaller than the 8mb stated but it still wont work.
I've tried various browsers and turned of my antivirus.
Can anyone help me please?
Read more : Problems uploading to Hotshots Gallery. | Views : 102 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General

Markarians Chain

final2_DxO_DxO.jpg

Across the heart of the Virgo Cluster of Galaxies lies a striking string of galaxies known as Markarian’s Chain. The chain, is highlighted on the bottom left with two large but featureless lenticular galaxies, M84 and M86. Above them just left of centre is a pair of interacting galaxies known as The Eyes. The Virgo Cluster is the nearest cluster of galaxies, and contains over 2000 galaxies, and has a ...
Read more : Markarians Chain | Views : 41 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Astro imaging

Has Anyone Used An EOS 450D/550D/1200D Please?

Hi Guys, I need a Canon DSLR to try out Astro Photography. Since I need Live View to focus the stars, it needs to be at least an EOS 450D. But for double the money, the same dealer can also supply a 550D or 1200D.
But I do not know if the additional expenditure will significantly improve the images I can take or not.

The 450D has an LCD with only 0.23MP, The 1200D has ...
Read more : Has Anyone Used An EOS 450D/550D/1200D Please? | Views : 172 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Equipment Advice

Disappointing

Hi now I know I’ve only have a couple of posts but I have noticed people don’t seem to be keen on answering questions and at my level I need all the help I can get example I introduced myself I’ve had thirty views not one reply so I started looking about and some member posted a question has had 2500 views and only 5/reply’s if I can’t get help on here where can I ...
Read more : Disappointing | Views : 200 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General

Finder scope

Hi all I’m very new to this and this might seem like a really stupid question ,right I’ve noticed when I switch my finder scope on red dot appears so I fix this to a point but if I move my head to a different position the red dot has moved and is nowhere near the first point I looked at so theirfore the scope is out as well how do I make sure the ...
Read more : Finder scope | Views : 183 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Ask a silly (astronomy) question

Hello all

Hi my name is John and I’m trying to get into astronomy I have got a scope a celestron nexstar 4se but it seems the more I read the more complicated it gets ,I’ve been out a couple of times but as of yet not seen anything I wish I knew someone who lived close by because at the moment I’m lost .I won’t give up because it’s something I’ve wanted to do for years ...
Read more : Hello all | Views : 172 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

For Sale For Sale

Hi all, I have for sale a " Prinz Astral 500 Telescope...boxed ,used just the once,,(granddaughter,but is not realy interested...).....Very heavy,hence, collect only or arrange own currier...Priced to go...or best offer...Pici on request....Alan Coventry...
Read more : For Sale | Views : 401 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Telescopes & Mounts

FEATURE FILM RESEARCH FEATURE FILM RESEARCH

Hello Sky at Night multiverse,

I'm an LA based filmmaker in early stages on a feature about an astrophysics student. I wondered if anyone on here who either studied or has taught astronomy/astrophysics at a university level would be willing to do an interview and be a consultant, I have some questions for you. Unfortunately it would not be paid, but I would only require a few hours of your time over the next few ...
Read more : FEATURE FILM RESEARCH | Views : 100 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131261 • Total topics 20031 • Total members 144620