It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:12 pm

News News of yourdomain.com

Site map of yourdomain.com » Forum : yourdomain.com

A short text to describe your forum

Being An Astronomer

The first edition has been reduced on Kindle, while I have started writing the second one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DMQVD15
Read more : Being An Astronomer | Views : 43 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General

M76 - the 'Little Apple Core'

With a name like 'Little Dumbbell' or 'Little Apple Core', I expected M76 to be smaller, but just as bright as its big brother, the planetary nebula, M27. Actually, it is not a bright object at all, and very much smaller. It is only 10th magnitude, which makes it hard to spot in a telescope. With the ISO set to 6400, a 30sec exposure give a very faint green rectangle with a blob of red ...
Read more : M76 - the 'Little Apple Core' | Views : 110 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

Surely the gravity of the moon is something impossible made

Surely the gravity of the moon is something impossible made possible...
9A864E16-5B2D-416B-9D97-129085497996.jpeg

Celestron CGX First Light

Well the Celestron Evolution wireless system didn't work so I sent it back and swapped it for a CGX instead! Last night was first light after a few practice runs in the front room! I used a red light on a nearby chimney to set up the finder scope and get focus. There were some clouds about so I started a two star alignment on the hand controller using Vega and Altair. Even with just ...
Read more : Celestron CGX First Light | Views : 143 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Telescopic Observing

M2 Global cluster

Hi all I took images of m2 global cluster and I stacked in deepskystacker,processed in adobe photoshop cs2.Thanks for looking.
m21cluster.jpg
m2scluster.tif

Andy
Read more : M2 Global cluster | Views : 201 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

Advice Please

I know this is asked all the time, so apologies in advance

I was interested in astronomy from a young age, and around 10 years ago I bought a pair of 20x80 binos to wet my appetite. I got a good understanding of the night sky and could easily find specific galaxies and areas of interest

Fast forward to now, with a bit more cash in my back pocket I'm looking to get in to ...
Read more : Advice Please | Views : 230 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Equipment Advice

Mars with rings

Hey all, I have this handheld telescope (the one that pirates were depicted to have) and I decided to look at the orange light in the sky which turned out to be a planet!

The image was super blurry but I could see a beige circle with a ‘wide’ ring surrounding it tilted from North east to south west (top to bottom). I initially assumed that this was Saturn because of the ring but then ...
Read more : Mars with rings | Views : 168 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Ask a silly (astronomy) question

Strange sight over Scotland

Hi folks, I'd be grateful for any suggestions about an occurence that I have pondered for decades.

Back in the mid 80s whilst camping at a place called King's Cross on the Isle of Arran, Scotland. Something caught my eye in the clear night sky: looking due west I saw what appeared to be a single star moving oddly, it darted very quickly from point-to-point in the pattern of a 'small' square, I called to ...
Read more : Strange sight over Scotland | Views : 230 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General

September

I haven't written the summary yet and I'm not 100% sure where I will post it (website closing). Here's the finished report now I've done the processing and blogging:

http://sungazer127mak.blogspot.com/
Read more : September | Views : 142 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131770 • Total topics 20198 • Total members 145485