It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:01 pm

News News of yourdomain.com

Site map of yourdomain.com » Forum : yourdomain.com

A short text to describe your forum

MOVED: Orbiter 2005

General: http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/fb.asp?m=296
Read more : MOVED: Orbiter 2005 | Views : 820 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Equipment Advice

Happy Christmas to all our readers

I'd like to wish all our readers a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.

Thanks to you, it's been a hugely successful year for us. When we launched the magazine we had no idea it would go down as well as it has, or that we'd have so many favourable messages from amateur astronomers around the world. It may be our "day job" but great feedback truly makes the whole effort worthwhile for ...
Read more : Happy Christmas to all our readers | Views : 1926 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General

Ursids Tonight

Hey is any one going to observe the Ursids which peak tonight? Im going to start my annual watch as soon as the clouds clear. Im packed and ready to go. Good luck all
Read more : Ursids Tonight | Views : 1255 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General

Problems with coverdisk

Does anyone share my problems with the coverdisk? When I view certain Bonus Features (mostly films) the wrong one is shown. No amount of restarting or reloading will solve this. I am therefore stuck only to view certain videos.
Read more : Problems with coverdisk | Views : 1471 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Equipment Advice

Broken Finder

I have got a finder for my 60mm refractor whose "crosshairs" are broken. Can anyone suggest a good way to have it fixed?
Read more : Broken Finder | Views : 3886 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Equipment Advice

Lunar eclipse predictions

Does anyone know when the next total lunar eclsipse visible from the UK is?
Read more : Lunar eclipse predictions | Views : 1288 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

Orbiter 2005

Hello
The new magazine arrived yesterday, with Orbiter on the CD. I wondered how long it would be before Orbiter was included. If you haven't tried it already, I can tell you that Orbiter is a superb space flight simulator. Written by Dr Martin Schweiger, it has a pretty steep learning curve on account of its depth, but don't let that put you off. As you learn Orbiter you learn lots of stuff about orbits, ...
Read more : Orbiter 2005 | Views : 2876 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General

Finder scope

I've got a Meade ETX-70AT and I would really like a finder scope to go with it, (for those nights when the Autostar and I don't see eye to eye!)

Either red dot or with lenses, I'm not fussed. Can anyone recommend a cheap one please and what's the best way of fixing it to this sort of 'scope?

Thanks in advance.
Read more : Finder scope | Views : 912 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Equipment Advice

Age of the universe...

I understood the age of the universe to be 13.7 billion years old. I have heard however that the hubble constant is being reviewed following the discovery of galaxies and stars older than this.

Can anyone confirm this?

thanks all!
Read more : Age of the universe... | Views : 1244 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General

Proposed Observing Club

Hi all out there. I am at present a lone observer in Fife, Scotland. I would like to hear from like minded folks, with a view to forming a loose club for mainly observing, (at least to start with). The problem I have at home is severe light pollution.

If any one out there has some interest let me know.
Read more : Proposed Observing Club | Views : 1890 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131893 • Total topics 20226 • Total members 145733