It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:56 pm

News News of yourdomain.com

Site map of yourdomain.com » Forum : yourdomain.com

A short text to describe your forum

6" dobsonian new, £99 in UK

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/ express are selling a 6" bushnell dobsonian special limited offer, click on astromical on the left handside. From somewhere else I've seen the link from it seems they're not the best optics, but at £99 for 6", beginners could possibly be in for a good offer.
Read more : 6" dobsonian new, £99 in UK | Views : 3224 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Equipment Advice

Celestron LPR Binoculars ?

Hi

Anyone out there who uses Celestron LPR binoculars? The write-ups seem to be spit, on the one hand they do an excellent job of cutting light pollution and enhancing the views of certain nebula. Others say that the BAK 7 prisms are not as good as the BAK 4's and the overall quality is not good.
I have been toying with the idea of getting some, but would love to hear what other users ...
Read more : Celestron LPR Binoculars ? | Views : 878 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Equipment Advice

Moonfish and revelation eyepieces

Hi all

I know the 30mm ultrawide 2" ep got rave reviews from s@n, but how do their 1.25" ep's fare? anyone tried them out? How do they fare with the more expensive ep's

Also since I got a 10" revelation dob, I've found someone selling revelation ep 1.25" set. Does anyone know if they're any good?

Also if you know of any good offers on ep's please post :)
Read more : Moonfish and revelation eyepieces | Views : 1255 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Equipment Advice

What software are you using?

Hi Gang,
I was just wondering what software you are using and which do you recommend. I am using Starry Night Pro v.5 and find it the most informative I've used up to date. In the past I've used Redshift 5, Skymap Pro and most of the freeware available for download. Does anyone out there have any opinions or recommendations that they can suggest? I'd like to hear your opinions.
Co-incidentally as a foot-note I'd ...
Read more : What software are you using? | Views : 3082 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General

Post-processing of images

I really enjoy looking at people's imaging efforts, and we've already got some great pics posted in the photo gallery.

I've come across many pics on other sites where the full technical spec. has been given to how the image was achieved, e.g. how long the exposure, how many frames stacked etc. and quite often I see that the image was further processed in Photoshop, or a similar program.

What kind of processing is done ...
Read more : Post-processing of images | Views : 1329 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General

How do you deal with dew formation?

I am new to astronomy and find that my view quickly turns hazy, which i think is dew formation. Where do you store the scope, room temp or outside temp, and are dew removers effective? I would appreciate any advise.
Read more : How do you deal with dew formation? | Views : 3942 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General

astrological astronomeurs

hello forum.

It's very nice to be able to talk to fellow astronomeurs about their astrological equipment... ;)
Read more : astrological astronomeurs | Views : 2366 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General

MOVED: CCD or astro digital SLR?

Advice and Information: http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/fb.asp?m=144
Read more : MOVED: CCD or astro digital SLR? | Views : 1089 | Replies : 0 | Forum : CCDs

CCD or astro digital SLR?

I have been thinking about moving on to a Starlightexpress, possibly the SXV M8 C although I still need to educate my self in these things. I was sticking to CCD technology because I always hear that digital SLRs can't handle long exposures with out creating loads of noise. Now I have just found this Canon 20DA astro digital SLR. What do you think of this? How would it compare to the SXV M8 C? ...
Read more : CCD or astro digital SLR? | Views : 3267 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Equipment Advice

MEADE LPI

I got this with the meade etx 90 ec. Does anyone else have the meade LPI. Im confused of how to use it, perhaps someone could help please?

I know how to set it up, im just a tiny bit confused of how to use it on the PC.

Thank you...
Read more : MEADE LPI | Views : 2490 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Equipment Advice

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131977 • Total topics 20253 • Total members 145905