It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:55 am

News News of yourdomain.com

Site map of yourdomain.com » Forum : yourdomain.com

A short text to describe your forum

New to all this....

Hi everyone - this is my first post and at the age of 26 I'm totally new to astronomy.....shame on me.
About a month ago I bought an 8" Newtonian reflector off ebay but was massively disappointed with the optics and general quality of the scope.....in fact the smaller mirror fell out and landed on the primary mirror the other day. Should have known better really.
Anyway, I've decided to get a decent scope from ...
Read more : New to all this.... | Views : 1363 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General

Saturn hides star

BBC Focus magazine mentions Saturn occulting a 8th magnitude star on the evening of January 25th.I've not seen mention of this anywhere else.I checked with Starry Night Backyard and it appears that the star HIP42705 dissapears behind the rings at approx 18:50 and reappears again on southern part of the globe at about 21:00.
Read more : Saturn hides star | Views : 1475 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General

supernova

John,
Thanks for the answer. I've checked it on NASA ISS web site and it confirms what you thought.
Just off outside now to try and see some Quadrantids!
Thanks again.
Read more : supernova | Views : 1069 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

Astrophotography

can anyone recommend a good book on Astrophotography.
Read more : Astrophotography | Views : 2308 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General

supernova

Did anyone else see the planet like light gradually increasing in brightness then fading away to nothing this evening? It lasted about 30 seconds. It was to the lower south west of Mars at about 18.15 this evening.
Read more : supernova | Views : 1092 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

Home Made Observatory

In the near future I plan to build my own observatory; having looked at various designs on the web, namely:- Roll off, traditional dome, tarpaulin(!) et al, is there anybody located in the South West, (Cornwall / W. Devon) who would be willing to let me have a look at there own facility for first hand inspiration. Also, as I wish to progress to imaging, any advice on this subject would also be greatly appreciated. ...
Read more : Home Made Observatory | Views : 3877 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

Duration of a telescope?

I have a curiosity, for how long do you keep using a telescope before you decide to buy a new one? (for example 3/5/10 years?)
Read more : Duration of a telescope? | Views : 1866 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General

MOVED: book needed.....

Advice and Information: http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/fb.asp?m=379
Read more : MOVED: book needed..... | Views : 1225 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General

MOVED: Buying my first light filter. HELP !!!

Advice and Information: http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/fb.asp?m=431
Read more : MOVED: Buying my first light filter. HELP !!! | Views : 1079 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General

MOVED: BUYING SECONDHAND SCOPES

Advice and Information: http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/fb.asp?m=406
Read more : MOVED: BUYING SECONDHAND SCOPES | Views : 963 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 132223 • Total topics 20318 • Total members 146445