May issue arrived this morning

A place for general chat about Sky at Night Magazine

May issue arrived this morning

Postby rtr » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:03 am

Hi,

Interesting comparison in the new issue between Manual and GOTO. Don't think the GOTO guy had a clue took him an hour to setup the mount:-)
rtr

RE: May issue arrived this morning

Postby brianb » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:26 am

Don't think the manual guy had much of a clue either. With a scope on a no-aids-whatsoever mount like the WO EZTouch, I reckon to be on Saturn from anywhere in the sky in 5 secs ... provided Saturn's well enough placed for it to be worth the effort. M51 isn't much of a challenge once you've found it by star hopping a few times. If you want something that is hard for star hopping, try the field of X Cam, or AX Per ... both of these are in richish star fields but with no bright stars nearby.
brianb

Postby deano131 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:43 pm

Great issue. Liked the updated binocular test, I'm still looking at what beginner gear to get and the £50 Helios Fieldmaster look a good start.

The article on Enceladus was very interesting, the 'What lies beyond the edge of the Universe' piece did my head in... but in a good way :)
deano131

Postby tim allan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Really enjoying the Britain's Space Race radio programme. The coverdisks are getting better and better in my opinion.

Also this issue is the first time one of my forum posts has been printed so Im happy. [:D]
tim allan

Return to General