Switch to mobile style

Meade 8" LX200 GPS for sale

Buy and sell your astronomy equipment here

Meade 8" LX200 GPS for sale

Postby davetidwell » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm selling a hardly used and still originally boxed Meade LX200 GPS SMT (UHTC) Telescope, tripod and many accessories.

This telescope was purchased brand new and has remained boxed since brand new and only used occasionally through its life. It is still in factory brand new condition and is mint throughout. Total live usage time with power applied is probably less than 20 hours. All bearings and clutches are in sound and new condition. I used it mainly as a platform for astrophotography and imaging and even then only vary rarely; always intending to keep it original until mounting it in a dedicated observatory (which never happened of course!)

Along with all the standard factory supplied fittings for the GPS based LX200 and its base tripod I am including;

A Meade original Wedge - absolutely required for advanced tracking and astrophotography. I bought this second hand and it shows good signs of use but is in good working order

A Meade Series 4000 f/6.3 Focal Reducer and Field Flattener

A Celestron T-Adapter-SC with CANON Style fittings for in-line astrophotography with EOS cameras attached directly to the telescope

Meade Autostar Suite Lunar and Planetary Imager (Monochrome)

Mease Deep Sky Imager PRO with AutoStar Suite (Monochrome) but is supplied with Red, Green, Blue and IR Filter set for colour deep sky imaging with the CCD

External 12V power supply unit with extra long leads

Meade Super Plossl 26mm eyepiece

Meade Super Plossl 32mm eyepiece

Computer or manually controlled superfine focus

Original users guide and owners manual (front page torn by a badly removed sticker- but otherwise in mint condition with all pages intact and original)
I have extended the length of the AutoStar Hand Controller leads so that it is easy to set up the Telescope outside and conduct your astro-imaging experiments from the warmth of indoors. The lengthening of these cables is the only change to the standard factory options with this telescope.

This is a high end telescope for a serious hobbyist or engaged amateur. Whilst simple to use it is extremely powerful and is still an extremely popular scope for astronomy fans of all capabilities and levels of knowledge. It does have plug n play capability for those less experienced with advanced telescopes. Plug it in, turn it on and let the computer determine your exact location, date, time and orientation. Then tell the Telescope what you'd like to look at with the hand-controller (or your PC if connected) and it will slew automatically to the target (or very close to it depending on the accuracy of its initial fix). It is a very big telescope whilst being one of the smaller of the Meade options at the time. It is still very heavy and sturdy but small enough to be packed up in the boot of a car and taken out on 'star-parties'. I bought this scope to eventually permanently mount it in a dedicated observatory but somehow never got round to it. That's why the Telescope has enjoyed such limited use in its life. It's always been boxed up waiting for its big project. It was always stored in dry and clean environments indoors of course.

The Telescope cost over £3,000 originally and is still in mint condition. The add-ons add another £500 plus - this telescope is an absolute bargain at this asking price. For this price in the shops out there you'll not find anything of this quality or capability.

£950 for quick sale - please no haggling, this is already a great price for this setup. It is being offered for sale on another online site so I reserve the right to cancel this ad at anytime.
davetidwell

Re: Meade 8" LX200 GPS for sale

Postby simonoz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:23 am

Hi, Is this scope still available? What year was it bought and which part of England do you live in? Thanks
simonoz

Postby davetidwell » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:16 pm

Hi, it sold the same day for the asking price. It was originally purchased in 2005/6 but was still in brand new boxed condition.
davetidwell

Postby simon fox » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:18 pm

Hello, is the lx200 still for sale and whereabouts are you? Can it be sent by courier? Thank you, Simon Fox
simon fox

Return to Reader Classifieds