Modified Moon image

Post your latest observations, sketches or astro images here

Modified Moon image

Postby andrewscomputers » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi everyone this is another image that I slightly modified of the moon using the sharpness and contrast.
Attachments
m7m.jpg
m7m.jpg (81.98 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
andrewscomputers

Re: Modified Moon image

Postby Aratus » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:34 pm

That looks fine. Being a full moon picture means there is less contrast (no shadows), so you could darken the dark areas even more if you wanted to. You probably had a little bit of cloud or mist in the sky and it has brightened up the sky around the moon. The 'contrast' you applied has then darkened the sky around the limb of the moon and the result is a black ring around the moon. It is only sky and you could fill it with the same colour as the darker ring. Now the moon is waning there are opportunities to take more pictures of the moon, this time with deeper shadows.
I use an 11" Celestron SCT (CPC 1100) on an equatorial wedge, housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI1600MC and Canon 500D for imaging.
Aratus

Re: Modified Moon image

Postby andrewscomputers » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:44 pm

HI thanks for the advice I will try and learn how to use the software with better results in the future as they did not supply any instructions on how to use the program, as they keep the cost down on the camera by not supplying any literature but there group they have is quite helpful.
thanks
Andy
andrewscomputers

Return to Your astro observations, images & sketches