Moon in daylight

Moon in daylight

Postby philip pugh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:33 pm

This is much more difficult than night or dusk but at least this shows some features. Taken about 6.40 this evening.

[image]local://3034/E26F9B4A4DC04AC7B15F4E91D6F5CF16.jpg[/image]
philip pugh

RE: Moon in daylight

Postby ok0510@126.com » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:36 pm

I got a wonderful 30 second view of the moon tonight. I combined a X2 and X3 barlow with a 32mm eyepiece, and was amazed how clear the resulting image was.

I'm so dis-organised though, that by the time I'd found all the bits I need to attach my dslr, the clouds had rushed in to spoil my fun[:@]

Does anyone else get as annoyed as me at how much their primary mirror wobbles if anything larger than an ant walks past the mount[:@]
ok0510@126.com

RE: Moon in daylight

Postby philip pugh » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:26 am

[quote]ORIGINAL: Star Watcher

I got a wonderful 30 second view of the moon tonight. I combined a X2 and X3 barlow with a 32mm eyepiece, and was amazed how clear the resulting image was.

I'm so dis-organised though, that by the time I'd found all the bits I need to attach my dslr, the clouds had rushed in to spoil my fun[:@]

Does anyone else get as annoyed as me at how much their primary mirror wobbles if anything larger than an ant walks past the mount[:@]

[/quote]

I had a similar problem last night! I was trying to webcam the Moon but the conditions deteriorated before my eyes and I wasn't able to get a sharp focus. I'm so glad I did the daytime shot but at least I've found that it is possible to get the whole lunar disc into the field of view with the webcam.

I get the "ant" problem with my Stratravel 80 on an EQ1 mount but have taken to using a camera tripod for extra support. When I use my Skymax 127 on a EQ3/2 mount, it's solid enough not to get that problem but then my puppy is quite capable of nudging the mount at exactly the wrong time.
philip pugh

Return to Astro imaging