Morning Everyone!

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Morning Everyone!

Postby ThinAir » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 am

Hi everyone,

ThinAir (Chris) here, just reaching out and saying hi.

Got my first telescope for Christmas (A Celestron Astromaster 130EQ) as a result of the GF getting fed up of me threatening to buy one and spending most of my time outside at night developing a crick in my neck.

I've also invested a pair of binoculars and a little red-light torch after reading something in a book that said it wouldn't affect my "night-eyes" as much as using a regular torch.

Read lots of books about astronomy as it's been an interest of mine for a while and now I am finally getting the chance to get outside and look at tons of cool stuff :)

Aside from astronomy, I'm a music teacher with a passion for Jazz and playing the trombone and the piano (not at the same time before anyone asks!).

Looking forward to getting involved and getting to know you guys!

Peace Out.

Chris
ThinAir

Re: Morning Everyone!

Postby Aratus » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:07 pm

Chris

Welcome. It seems like you are ready for some interesting observing. All we need now is some clear skies!
I use an 11" Celestron SCT (CPC 1100) on an equatorial wedge, housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI1600MC and Canon 500D for imaging.
Aratus

Re: Morning Everyone!

Postby ThinAir » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:49 pm

Totally... cloudy as a really-cloudy-thing here for a while now. Got a good look at Venus last night though :)
ThinAir

Return to Introductions