Morning Obs through Dec 2013 and Jan 2014

Morning Obs through Dec 2013 and Jan 2014

Postby mjpfc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:31 pm

Due to the recent Comets, Enke, Ison, Lovejoy, Linear and Now the Latest Panstarrs I have been
out at times that I have usually reserved for a quick look at early morning Venus/Mercury.

Apart from seeing some extraordinary Cometary activity over the past couple of months It has
actually allowed me to observe more than any other January since I started this hobby seriously over
20 years ago.

I have made Tens of Planetary Obs that I would not have made, Including seeing Saturn closer after its conjumction with the sun than ever before, and lots of Jupiter moons action that I would have missed.

I am in danger of losing count of the amount of Man-Made objects Observed as well as atmospheric phenominae.

My deep sky work has benefitted from stable, early morning skies and even my annual Messier parade
(I Observe these objects as they become visible from my garden Jan to June) which usually nets 30-32
in January currently stands at 80 with 5.3 Months still to go!

The message here is simple, every now and again, stay in during the evening and get up in the wee hours, your scope eye will love you for it for ever.

Clear skies, Mick.
mjpfc

Return to Telescopic Observing