new to the site from lincoln UK

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

new to the site from lincoln UK

Postby paul j » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:03 pm

Hi ladies and Gents, jst joined the site and would like to say hello to all.
if theres anyone from my neck of the woods please say hello.

have been into astronomy since Nov 05, my first scope was a skywatcher 114mm and then quickly got hooked and went a bit bigger with the skywatcher 200 with HEQ5 mount and skyscan goto upgrade, i haven't yet managed to polar align it as it's always too cold outside to mess around for more than 30mins setting it up so i've done rough 2 or 3 alignments then captured the images i want and gone back inside (chicken i know)

paul j

RE: new to the site from lincoln UK

Postby asterixhb » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:53 pm

Paul,
Some really nice pics especially since you've just started. I have been observing for a couple of years now and am only just considering imaging. I think I am a little over cautious.
I can't help wondering what voltage your power supply is, must be really high, hence the CO2 extinguisher![;)]
asterixhb

Postby gammalog » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:26 pm

Hi Paul, and welcome to the Forum.

It can be quite a "Hive of Activity", while at times its a bit like the "Marie Celeste", which is surprising given that there's now 482 registered members.

However, you'll find that its quite a friendly forum.
gammalog

Postby paul j » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:26 pm

thanks for the comments on the pics, the photo with the CO2 extinguisher shows my sky watcher 114mm, i haven't got the Co2 can for the scope, it's for my other hobby....model jet engines!

imaging is really easy, i use a toucam II 840k with a ready made adapter and virtuadub to create the AVI file then registax software to stack the AVI frames.
i also made my own remote focuser using two servos from my collection of Radio controlled aircraft which works really well and was easy to make
paul j

Postby northerncross » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:00 pm

Hi Paul - welcome

I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy this forum - its great, and lots of helpful advice from the 'pros', especially for all us newbies who are still wet behind the ears! Or in particular ME!!

In reaction to gammalog's comment ".....a "Hive of Activity....", it makes me wonder if there is anyone out there star-gazing, or are we all sitting in front of our pc's reading & sending forum messages????

You would think that as I live only about three miles from the Space Centre here in Leicester I'd be there quite a lot - in truth I've only been the once, but it really is well worth a visit, even if it does look like a giant witchety grub as seen (and eaten) on 'I'm a Celebrity'

If anyone else has been to the Space Centre - What do you think of it??

northerncross

Postby big dipper » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:50 am

Yes welcome aboard Paul. As asterlxhb says, you have some very nice, tack sharp piicies on your website. Hope to see more in the future.
big dipper

Postby jsc248 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:26 pm

Hi Paul,
Nice pictures, welcome to the forum.
John Jsc248
To me astronomy is looking up and thinking "What the heck is going on up there!!"
jsc248

Postby paul j » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:40 pm

thanks Guys.

WHEN the clouds go i'll get out and have another go at saturn as it'll be high enough in the sky to get an even better image.
paul j

Return to Introductions