newish member

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

newish member

Postby Sir John Maguire » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:00 pm

Hi , Ilive in Cornwall but the weather has been atrocious for weeks now.
As a kid I was always interested in astronomy and used to read a lot of stuff on the subject from the library. What rekindled my interest was ( dont laugh!!) the offers at LIDL. Yes I bought the Skylux and a pair of the 10x50s Not had a real chance to try out the scope but the bins seem great, at £9.99. Now I am semi retired I hope to have the time to pursue my interest. No doubt I will be back on the forum asking silly questions!!
PS By the way I also love good ole rock n roll, shows my age I know!
The best to all of you, Pete
Sir John Maguire

RE: newish member

Postby gammalog » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:16 pm

Hi Pete

There's no such thing as a silly question on here, giving and receiving help and advice is what these forums are all about.

Everyone on here, no matter how experienced and knowledgable, started out with little or no knowledge of astronomy. The fascinating thing is no matter how long you've been at it, you never finish learning.

I'm with you on the Rock & Roll , I used to play lead guitar in an amateur Rock band, back in the late 50's and early 60's. Now I'm showing my age too!!.

Still play a bit and also keyboards, but only for pleasure at home now.

Dave
gammalog

Postby big dipper » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:23 am

Hi Pete & welcome aboard. I can only echo what Dave said about 'silly questions'. Cornwall held some of the best skies that I have ever seen from the UK. It was a great pleasure to see clearly the star clouds in Scorpius/Sagittarius for the first time & to image them (pity the film came back with streaks all down the slides - but never mind).

Anyway ask away. This is a very friendly forum & there is bound to be someone here with an answer to whatever question(s) you may have. [:)]
big dipper

Postby jsc248 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:26 pm

Hi Pete,
Hope that you get plenty of clear skies soon to try out the scope and the bins. There is plaenty to see with both!
John
jsc248.
To me astronomy is looking up and thinking "What the heck is going on up there!!"
jsc248

Return to General