PCI Graphics Card wanted!

PCI Graphics Card wanted!

Postby Chanctonbury » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:50 am

Last week I had a catastrophic crash of the PC that I use for astro-imaging and ended up having to install a complete new operating system from scratch. Worse than this was that the on-board graphics card died as part of the problem but I had an old one in the 'bits and bobs box' so I installed this and I have a working system - however, as it has such a small amount of RAM, I can now only achieve 1024 x 768 and [b]16bit colour.[/b] I am not worried about the 1024 x 768 as the LCD monitor I use has this as it's maximum resolution but the 16bit colour is very poor and I need the full 32 bit colour!

Does anyone have an old PCI Graphics card kicking around that they would be happy to part with? Please not that this old PC does not have PCIe or AGP slots, just old fashioned PCI!

Many thanks.
Chanctonbury

RE: PCI Graphics Card wanted!

Postby haitch » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:26 pm

Damn,

Got 4 graphics cards on a shelf but just checked and they are all AGP.

If you really need to go & buy one try ebuyer.co.uk you should be able to pick one up for £20

I know they still have some PCI cards as I got one off there (a Radeon 9250 PCI quickfind 113152) for my little boy when his PC needed a Direct X9 compatible card to play Lego Star Wars II and he only has PCI (well he was only 4 at the time so having is own PC at all is good going).
haitch

RE: PCI Graphics Card wanted!

Postby Chanctonbury » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:16 pm

Paul, thanks for the thought, they do indeed have what I want so I will get one from them - thanks very much for your kind assistance!
Chanctonbury

Return to Wanted