The Astronomy Show Birmingham

The Astronomy Show Birmingham

Postby asatron » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:06 pm

We are starting a new astronomy show in Birmingham, Its in April of next year and will feature retailers, A planetarium, stalls for societies as well as guest speakers etc

More details can be found here [url=http://www.theastronomyshow.eu]SHOW[/url]

cheers

Steve
asatron

RE: The Astronomy Show Birmingham

Postby afmanchester » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:56 pm

Hello. The link is not there.
afmanchester

Postby whiteshiva » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi Mate,

Here's the link:

[url=http://www.theastronomyshow.eu/]http://www.theastronomyshow.eu/[/url]

Allie
whiteshiva

Postby afmanchester » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:00 pm

Thank you.

Great stuff. Very well priced too.
afmanchester

Postby ronin » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:06 am

Having been on the web and bought some tickets for the show, talks and whatever else, about a week to ten days ago, are they sent out or do we have to bring something along to prove purchase or what?

So far I have a Thankyou for buying and an email from Paypal saying I made a payment to them for you. Nothing says what now occurs, and I have nothing that resembles tickets. Like to have some idea what is now supposed to occur, as I was bringing someone else along and would like to be sure that when we arrive I am not told "What tickets" and then that we cannot attend any talks as they are full.

Suspect that someone has, reasonably, got tickets out and on sale to gauge the reaction/demand, however it seems to have stopped there.
ronin

Postby asatron » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi Ronin

That's strange as the tickets are emailed out upon payment as we are not sending out hard tickets. Its one way of keeping the costs down, hence why the show is reasonably priced etc. Please check your spam for me and if you still have not found it send me an email. We have a spreadsheet of all booking which will be on the door when you arrive so we have records of all payments and tickets anyway.

Just to clarify, the venue is booked and the show is going ahead. The speakers are all booked including Dr Stuart Clark & Nik Szymanek to name a couple. The list of exhibitors is also growing nicely and we have already started planning the 2012 show. this was never a speculative offering. We put our money where our mouth was and decided to go for it. Although it could be said i am bias as it's our show and i am from Birmingham, I am really looking forward to it from an astronomy point of view. I also feel any exposure for this fine hobby can only be good exposure as the more we can attract into it the better :)

info@theastronomyshow.eu

Steve
asatron

Postby ronin » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:00 pm

Steve, Thanks for the response but nothing in the spam folder, it is always checked daily as something gets sent there automatically and it isn't really spam so I read it every day.

All I had was a confirmation of payment via Paypal and what was I think a similar confirmation from yourself/the organisers. Nothing that, to me at least, resembled a ticket. Actually 2 tickets. It was the absence of this that concerned me. I have nothing that implies/specifies two tickets for entry to the show and entry to the talks.

Not overly concerned as the cost isn't a great deal, mainly bothered by the fact that come the day do I drive to the other side of Birmingham, 120 miles, with someone else I have asked along, to find that it has been lost and we don't get into the talks etc.

I had half assumed that a print of the payment confirmation may get us in to the show, without repaying, but by then the talks could well be sold out and no spaces available.

Having a spreadsheet on the door doesn't help me sat here at home, as I don't know I am on or off the sheet until I make the trip and arrive.

I had read the emails received half expecting to read that tickets would be sent out, via email, at some future date. It was the lack of any information that puzzled me.
ronin

Postby whiteshiva » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Having payed for the tickets I received three email, one receipt for paypal and two emails from the astronomy show. None of them mention a ticket though, the only thing I can see in one of the emails is a 'unique id' but there's none of my details or the confirmation that there is a second ticket, appart from the fact that I payed £16. There is no confirmation either that the requested talks still had spaces.

Any clarification would be great :D

Allie
whiteshiva

Postby ronin » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Allie, your information seems to exactly match mine. Have confirmation of the Paypal payment and two from the show saying money received. One of them then says thanks for booking and if I have not paid then to do so. This seemed a bit strange when both said I had paid.

I do not know if I have tickets, do not know if I am in any talks.
As I wanted to take someone else along I don't know if I will have the problem of appearing at the place to find no tickets, small cost, but more relevantly no talks. Slight embarassment if that occurred.

Have emailed the show on the email given on the site but no response after a week of waiting.
ronin

Postby asatron » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi everyone, it appears we must have a little glitch with the event software that i will look into over the next week, i have been on holiday and this has delayed me a little but anyone who has emailed about a ticket will get another one emailed with all the info about what show's they are attending ETC

i hope that is ok

steve
asatron

Next

Return to Past events