For sale William Optics FLT 98 CF Triplet Apo

Buy and sell your astronomy equipment here

For sale William Optics FLT 98 CF Triplet Apo

Postby CeeDee » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:30 pm

The legendary FLT 98 with Carbon Fibre tube was always destined to become WO's flagship 4" APO product and it did for several years. Featuring a superb quality triplet lens, wonderful mechanics and finish this scope is both fast and light. The FPL 53 Triplet optics offer excellent colour correction, sharpness and contrast and have been designed for WO by an Industry leading optical designer. Ideal as a high quality portable astrograph or visual instrument the FLT 98 is probably one of the smartest instruments produced by William optics. Combining excellent optical, mechanical and cosmetic quality this is a telescope of the highest quality. It is probably the ultimate grab-‘n-go scope weighing in at just 3.5kg!
So, why sell such a great little refractor?

It is with great reluctance but I needed more aperture to punch through the light pollution here in inner London. Although the FLT 98 does an astoundingly good job for its size it can’t quite resolve the stars in M13, for example, although the trapezium in the M42 is an easy target for it, even in London. So I’ve purchased a slightly larger FLT 110. Sadly, cannot justify to the domestic authority that having two refractors is better than one…... So the FLT 98 has to go.

I am also throwing in a 2” star diagonal for good measure. W.O. mounting rings included of course. I will include a Vixen style dovetail plate as well, if required. The scope comes with a substantial carrying case which has hardly ever been out of the original packing box! Whoever the lucky purchaser is, you wait until you get this scope to a site with darker skies…!

It’s an excellent performer for astro-imaging too!!

[size="4"]SOLD[/size]

Contact: Chris Drage 07956 508141 [email=chris@drage.co.uk]chris@drage.co.uk[/email]
CeeDee

RE: For sale William Optics FLT 98 CF Triplet Apo

Postby CeeDee » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:33 pm

The FLT 98 is now [size="7"]SOLD[/size]
CeeDee

Return to Reader Classifieds