How to save vodcast?

A place to talk about the magazine's vodcast

How to save vodcast?

Postby col » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi Everyone, Iv had a long lay off from here, and Im finding time to get looking up again but would like to save the vod casts for my mp3 player. Im new to this sort of thing and dont know where to start. Can I do this without using itunes or similar places, just save and then drop it into my player, how would I do this please? Any help appreciated, Thanks all.
col

RE: How to save vodcast?

Postby ed_holden » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:03 pm

If you view the vodcast via YouTube, you'll find the file in your web-browser's cache folder. Just copy that file and rename it something.mp4 or something.mov (or whatever extension your player uses to identify video files). Of course, your media player must be able to play h.264-encoded video for this method to work.
ed_holden

Postby col » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:46 am

Thanks Ed Ill give it a go.

Give it a go, and its official, Im crap at computers. I couldnt find how to save it. Im not really wanting to load itunes and just want to drag and drop the vodcast into my mp3 player if its possible,? Any ideas please?
col

Postby pulsar » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:23 am

Here's how I save them First download Real Player Free version and when installing remember to turn the download function on. Second go to youtube and when you type in the episode/s you want. The window where the videos appear place your mouse pointer over the video and you should notice a litlle pop-up over the top right corner which will say the magic words download click it and your video will download to a file in the my videos folder in your documents called real player downloads. You can then either use them as is or convert them using a free program called format factory to transcode these into many different types of file ie avi,mp4,mp3 and so on.

Hope this helps [:D]
Second Star To The Right And Straight On Till Morning...
(Captain James T Kirk U.S.S Enterprise...)
pulsar

Postby nebogipfel » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:40 pm

It would of course be easier if they were made available for streaming [i][b]or[/b] [/i]download from the outset!
nebogipfel

Postby sftonkin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:36 pm

Use FireFox browser and get an add-on called Download Helper.
sftonkin

Re: How to save vodcast?

Postby johnsmithkhan12 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:47 pm

i will try if i will find it..
johnsmithkhan12

Return to Sky At Night vodcast