Thanks
ShaylaWrono

Re: Where is moderator?

Postby Gfamily2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:39 pm

ShaylaWrono wrote:Hello
Where is moderator?
(sorry formy english)
Thanks

Moderation is pretty hands-off here. We can report spam and sooner or later it gets sorted, but if you have a specific problem you can try sending a PM to Admin.

Is there anything we can help you with? When you start, you are quite limited in what you can do, but if you join in with threads, after a while (based mostly on the number of posts you make I think), you can post links etc.
Good to have you with us.
Scopes: Meade 8" SCT, Skywatcher 127mm Mak, Raffle winner of SW ST80
For imaging: Pentax K5, Asda webcam, Star Adventurer (new toy)
For companionship: Mid Cheshire Astronomical Group.
(Not a moderator)
Gfamily2

Postby Aratus » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:42 pm

If we all act sensibly, and treat each other with respect, and keep things in preportion, we don't need external moderating. vega1972 is quite correct about some moderators elsewhere. Some of them do as much good as pouring petrol on a fire! :o Astronomy is a fun hobby, and an astronomy forum should be exactly the same. :)
I use an 11" Celestron SCT (CPC 1100) on an equatorial wedge, housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI1600MC and Canon 500D for imaging.
Aratus

Postby Admin » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:07 am

Aratus is correct. Forceful moderation is very rarely necessary on a forum such as this. Our role is to keep spam at bay, which is sometimes a lot more difficult than anyone realises. Anyway, should you have a query please PM me rather than post it publicly.

Kind regards
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Return to General