This Month's issue

A place for general chat about Sky at Night Magazine

This Month's issue

Postby s_hawkins » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:56 pm

Hello all, today i received my February issue of the sky at night. It is jam-packed full of great articles, most of which i will thouroughly read later on. I think i need to be a bit careful, this month's 'How to...' section is about building a spectroscope. If i remember correctly, i did say ages ago that this idea would be a gooden for a 'how to...' and that the Solar episode featuring Pete's (starman) homemade spectroscope was a fab idea. Someone must have picked up on my post or something...[:D]

Regards,

Sam
s_hawkins

RE: This Month's issue

Postby clipperride » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:53 pm

Well the moderators do read the Forum to pick up on ideas to put in the magazine. It's another good reason to take part in the forum!

Regards

Mark B.
clipperride

Postby les » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:50 am

HI All,
I wish Alan Chapman would get his hair cut![:D]
Regards Les.
les

Postby robin_astro » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:06 am

Yes it is great to see spectroscopy getting a higher profile. I learned a lot from Maurice Gavin when I got started with spectroscopy.
This is where I record what I am up to in this area
[url=http://www.leadbeaterhome.fsnet.co.uk/spectroscopy.htm]http://www.leadbeaterhome.fsnet.co.uk/spectroscopy.htm[/url]

Robin
robin_astro

Postby s_hawkins » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:40 pm

Great website Robin! - I seem to have a build-up of interest in the subject of spectroscopy and after constructing a similar version to the one featured in next month's issue, i might try to build a more permanent version using a grating.

I find the possibilities amazing when it comes to spectroscopy!

Regards,

Sam
s_hawkins

Return to General