Total solar eclipse - 1st go at imaging

Post your latest observations, sketches or astro images here

Total solar eclipse - 1st go at imaging

Postby jjdemery » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:40 am

Hi everybody,
Just joined the forum, and thought you might be interested in my photos. I have set up an album in the members photos section of the gallery - please feel free to comment (good or bad!)

I have to admit it was one of my most memorable experiences to date! I'd planned, read, surfed the web and talked to experts. I thought I knew what was going to happen, but WOW when totality actually came what an experience didnt know wether to cry scream laugh or swear! I hope that this will be the first of many!
jjdemery

RE: Total solar eclipse - 1st go at imaging

Postby wgater » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:33 pm

Hi Jonathan,

Were you at Ardisia with me, Pete and the Sky at Night crew etc...? Your photos look as if you were! The corona images are incredible as are the ones with the chromospherical arc and prominences. Saying that of all your images my favourite has to be the one of people watching!! That really is a wonderful shot. Excellent montage as well! Well done, a superb collection to have come away with!

Will
wgater

Postby Pete Lawrence » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:40 pm

I agree with Will - great shots but the really special ones are those with the people watching the eclipse. These really remind me of the event. Very nicely done.
Pete Lawrence

Postby jjdemery » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:43 pm

Hi Will

Yes I was at the Ardisia, many thanks for your comments, it was a very special day!
jjdemery

Postby jsc248 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:43 pm

Fantastic images Jonathan,
Makes me wish I had gone myself now!!
Welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading some more of your postings in the future!
John.
To me astronomy is looking up and thinking "What the heck is going on up there!!"
jsc248

Return to Your astro observations, images & sketches