Freeware or cheap time lapse software

Freeware or cheap time lapse software

Postby drummerp » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:03 pm

Does anyone know if their are any freeware software programs for time lapse shooting for my Canon Eos or where I can get hold of some cheaply.

Cheers
Neil
drummerp

RE: Freeware or cheap time lapse software

Postby drummerp » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:36 pm

[size=1][quote]ORIGINAL: ion

you don't say if it is film or digital, or what camera it is.

Canon do a dedicated remote that i use, about £100 that allows you to chose how many frames, how often and at what interval. no need for software in fact i do not know of any software for a camera.

regards
[/quote][/size]

Hi Ion, The camera I use is a Canon Digital SLR Eos 350D. I dont have much money to spend this time of year so was hoping for a quick cheap fix to allow me to capture time lapse images.
Cheers
Neil
drummerp

Postby brianb » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:16 am

[quote]the only way I know then is Astroart software and a plugin that allows timelapse,[/quote]
Actually there is a "recipe" for a build-it-yourself remote cable in one of Covington's books (sorry can't remember offhand which one but I think the first one), this connects to a PC serial (RS232) port so all you need is some way of turning an RS232 signal on & off - DTR will do - this is a trivial bit of programming, you can even do the job in DOS with about 20 bytes of assembler code entered in good old DEBUG.

Sounds like a great way of using one of those very old laptops that aren't powerful enough to run a current version of Windoze....

brianb

Postby drummerp » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:33 am

[quote]ORIGINAL: ion

No cheap fix, for software you would need a laptop, the only way I know then is Astroart software and a plugin that allows timelapse, Astroart is about £130 plus the laptop.[/quote]

I have a laptop so thats not an issue but i just dont have the £130 for the software.

I do however use Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0. Are there any add ons for this program?
drummerp

Postby drummerp » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:40 am

Thanks alot mate for your help.

It looks like I might have to wait a while until I can afford even the the remote switch devise.

Cheers
Neil
drummerp

Postby merlin66 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:26 pm

Another ( cheaper) solution you could consider is AstroPlanner software. Besides being a very good planning software with many additional catalogues, there's a "DSLR shoot" script which can control the Canon and GOTO functions of your mount. Great for mosaics, SN search etc etc.
merlin66

Postby koslis » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:06 pm

Maybe this might do. See if that's what you need. http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/time_lapse_software/
koslis

Postby paull » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:00 pm

Koslis...Tried that one but it wont work with my spc900nc webcam....

Drummerp.....Try this link...I have just downloaded it and it appears to work fine...and its free....paul
[url=http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx]http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx[/url]

scroll down as its the last one on the right.....
paull

Return to Wanted