Proposed Observing Club

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

Proposed Observing Club

Postby barry macbride » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:43 pm

[:)][font="times new roman"][size=2] Hi all out there. I am at present a lone observer in Fife, Scotland. I would like to hear from like minded folks, with a view to forming a loose club for mainly observing, (at least to start with). The problem I have at home is severe light pollution.[/size][/font]
[font="times new roman"][size=2][/size][/font]
[font="times new roman"][size=2] If any one out there has some interest let me know.[/size][/font]
barry macbride

RE: Proposed Observing Club

Postby keithmorris » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:13 pm

Hi all. I live in Lakenheath, Suffolk, near Mildenhall and Newmarket. The only AS's I can find in my area are Stour (at Cavendish, Suffolk) Breckland (near Attleborough, Norfolk) and the Cambridge AS. If anyone living in my area wants to start up an AS get in touch, and let's see what we can do.
keithmorris

Postby sky » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:36 pm

I'm from Colchester, I was at a local(ish) club but became disallusioned as they didn't do any observing... I'd to meet like minded individuals (this sounds like a dating ad)... to go observing.

sky

Postby radiochris » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:40 pm

Fife is covered in light, I have yet to find somewhere completely devoid of light pollution. Where abouts are you in Fife? The Eastern end is much better than the Western end of the county.

Chris
radiochris

Postby barry macbride » Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:36 pm

Chris,

I am at Kirkcaldy, right in the miidle of the pollution.
I am a member of Dundee Astronomical Society, which I attend when possible. They have a 10" refractor scope hich members can use. The only drawback to this is the distance involved everytime for either observing or their regular meetings. I know of a few areas in east Fife but have to contact with landowners to seek permission.

Barry
barry macbride

Return to General