Switch to mobile style

reflex finder test

A place to talk about Sky at Night Magazine's comprehensive reviews section

reflex finder test

Postby croenan » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:56 pm

I for one was very grateful for this months group test, Im in the market to buy a reflex type finder for my 80mm refractor .
I really wantede a telrad but there is no way ot will fit my small scope so its going to have to be the burgess I think.. Allthough i am looking at a few rifle ones.. any ideas for something cheapish but solid?
croenan

RE: reflex finder test

Postby spudnuts » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:46 pm

hi hillage i have 2 scopes and have bc&f red dot finders on both and have found them to be very sturdy and easy to use
spudnuts

Re: reflex finder test

Postby wicky » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:48 am

Allthough i am looking at a few rifle ones.. any ideas for something cheapish but solid?
dhoom
wicky

Re: reflex finder test

Postby dave.b » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:02 pm

You didn't define cheap-ish, but how does £22 sound? Have a look at the Baader Sky Surfer III Red Dot Finderscope, e.g. http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/baa ... scope.html. Also includes a selection of mounts.
I've got two and they work very well. However, my application is targeting the alignment stars for my mounts alignment procedure. If you need one for star hopping purposes then a finder like the Telrad has a graduated scale to allow you to move across its field of view by a measured amount.

Dave B.
dave.b

Return to First Light and Group Test