*** SOLD *** Skywatcher 130PM

*** SOLD *** Skywatcher 130PM

Postby shinjukumaster » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:23 pm

Sky at Night recommended telescope. SkyWatcher 130mm (5.1") f/650 Motorized Parabolic Newtonian Reflector. Complete with accessories, as supplied originally (10mm, 20mm eyepieces, RDF, battery box, documents, etc.). 4 x C size batteries included. My son received this as a gift last xmas, but has only used it a few times. I do not have the original box, but do have a box suitable for shipping, if needed. Price 125.00 (shipped in UK)

Now available with Baader laser collimator for 150.00 collected. Shipping by courier estimate 7.50.
shinjukumaster

RE: Skywatcher 130PM

Postby fluffy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi, I'm not sure yet but I might be interested, can you confirm the price you quoted includes insurance and what company would you be using? The main worry is trying to get it here without damage I know you said your son has hardly used it but is there any damage etc? Would you also be willing to drop the price to £100? I have been turned off buying a scope but my other half is showing an interest so might buy it for him. Don't want to spend too much on one in case it doesn't get used.
fluffy

Postby shinjukumaster » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:20 pm

Hello, I have included shipping as an incentive to persons who might not be able to collect. That should not be taken to
imply I am dropping the price. Shipping would be by courier with insurance (well packaged). The equipment is in fine working
order, and is an ideal beginners scope - both in terms of performance (see SAN test) and value for money. Price new is around 200.00
and VAT will be going up in the new year.
shinjukumaster

Postby fluffy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:10 pm

But I could pick up the Skywatcher 130 for £140! If there's a fault with the telescope I'll also be covered. I know it hasn't got as much to offer as yours though It's something I'm going to have to really consider. I'm not going to rush into things. If we do go ahead would you accept cheque as I haven't got pay pal account!
fluffy

Postby shinjukumaster » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:23 pm

Well perhaps you need to decide if you want a motorized mount or not? Personally, I would not buy
anything 'cheaper' that something like a Skywatcher 130 as a first scope. At least with this, due to
its reputation, you can sell it on easily, when the time comes.

There not much that can go 'wrong' with them, provided they are cared for. But one thing you might
like to consider is occasional collimation will be required. Hence I am offering the Baader Laser Collimator,
as an option, with this scope.

I'd take a cheque, if that's what works for you.

Regards
shinjukumaster

Postby fluffy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi, sorry to keep you waiting for a decision. Well, in the end I couldn't decide so I came out & asked MOH. Unfortunately while he would like to do some sky watching he doesn't see a point in paying that much for a Telescope even though it is a good make etc. So I'm sorry but I'm going to have to keep looking for something cheap while at the same time being of reasonable quality. All the best hope someone picks it up soon.
fluffy

Postby shinjukumaster » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Thanks for getting back to me. The problem with a cheaper scope, is you'll end up
with a cheaper mount - which will wobble (and you won't see much at all). If you
cannot stretch your money, I'd suggest a decent pair of binoculars - obviously not
good for planets, but fine for constellations, etc.
shinjukumaster

Postby fluffy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been thinking of going down that road. Will have to do a bit a research into them first though.
fluffy

Postby oldstar » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:16 pm

Is this scope still up for sale, and what is you location, town.
oldstar

Postby shinjukumaster » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Still available, I'm in London.
shinjukumaster

Next

Return to Telescopes & Mounts