Thank You Sir Patrick

A place for general chat about Sky at Night Magazine

Thank You Sir Patrick

Postby Justinf » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:38 pm

I just wanted to express my deep sadness at hearing of Sir Patrick's passing. Like many i grew up watching him all my life and always loved his enthusaistic and unique nature not to mention respecting all that he achieved. In many ways it feels like loosing an old friend. Rest in peace Sir Pat, thank you and know you really made a difference.
Justinf

Re: Thank You Sir Patrick

Postby David Webb » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:37 pm

Sir Patrick Moore will always be an inspiration for myself and 1000's of other people who have looked up to the heavens to see the Moon and stars over all of my life time, and watching him on TVs The Sky At Night program, well things will never be the same for me.

Patrick, you are one heck of a star up there and you will always be.
David Webb.
Suffolk UK
David Webb

Postby darkstar » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:02 pm

The saddest day in the astronomy calendar.
Sir Patrick will be missed by all who were inspired by his enthusiasm. Thank you for managing to broadcast for almost your entire life, and all mine.

I will now be refering to our own star as "The Moore", as a mark of respect to our very own Star of "The Sky at Night"

Rest in the heavens Sir Patrick.
darkstar

Postby tich » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:38 pm

I was deeply saddened when I heard the news I've always had an interest in the stars & our solar system even though I am a late starter in astronomy. Over the years I've caught the odd program of the sky at night, more so since I moved here. It just won't be the same without him but I'll always have fond memories. I hope his legacy continues for many many years to come.

RIP Sir
Skywatcher ST80, 200P & 250P Celestron C6 & C80ED, NEQ6 Pro, EQ5. Standard Canon 1000D & Modded Canon 1000D, Philips SPC 880, QHY5L-II Planetary/Guide Camera.
tich

Return to General