The all NEW BBC Sky At Night magazine podcast!

A place to talk about the magazine's vodcast

The all NEW BBC Sky At Night magazine podcast!

Postby wgater » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi everyone,

We're very pleased to announce the first episode of the BBC Sky At Night magazine podcast.

You can download the latest episode on the new podcast webpage [url=http://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/podcast.asp]here[/url]. We will also put it on iTunes soon so that you can subscribe to it there.

You can find more [url=http://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/podcast.asp]here[/url].
wgater

RE: The all NEW BBC Sky At Night magazine podcast!

Postby brianhluk » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:40 pm

Thanks for the head's up. Will.

I've just finished listening to it and enjoyed it - its a nice mix of serious through to light-hearted, but not to technical to overwhelm any newcomer to astronomy.

Hopefully this will be the first of a series that will fill the gaps between TV program and the magazine. It could be used to present news that occurs between the show and magazine, or as extra news that could not be fitted in to them. Lots of potential there. May I also suggest the possibility of eventually putting the older podcasts (after they've been going for a while) on the CD that comes with the magazine..?

Anyway, here's looking forward to the next one. Now excuse me while I set up a folder on my computer to collect these in.

Brian L
brianhluk

Postby wgater » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:50 am

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed it. We're working on the next one so stayed tuned! [:D]

wgater

Postby wgater » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:40 pm

The podcast is now available on iTunes to subscribe to. [:D] Just search for 'Sky At Night' in the iTunes search field and you'll find it.
wgater

Postby jsc248 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:36 pm

Hi Will,
A superb podcast and , in my opinion, way overdue. It is always great to read magazines like the Sky At Night but it's even better to relax and let other's discuss topics that you really enjoy listening to. Thanks to you and all the staff for the production.
John.
To me astronomy is looking up and thinking "What the heck is going on up there!!"
jsc248

Postby abo » Wed May 07, 2008 10:33 am

Thanks Will, I'll be listening to this shortly. I think podcasting this sort of stuff is great and I enjoy listening to the Jodcast, Astronomy Cast etc. in the car on my way to work so this should make a nice addition.
abo

Postby gary winnick » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:46 am

Fantastic what a great thing it is.
gary winnick

Postby john methew » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:33 am

Nice sharing friend. Keep it up. I want this first episode.
john methew

Return to Sky At Night vodcast