Switch to mobile style

The Astronomy Show Birmingham

RE: The Astronomy Show Birmingham

Postby whiteshiva » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:30 pm

Are there any news about what is going on with the tickets? I still haven't received any by email.

If there are no updates soon, I think I may request a refund from paypal as things don't sound too clear as to what is going on. Getting a little worried.
whiteshiva

Postby ronin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Gave up thinking about it.

Sending to the info email has produced absolutely nothing in response.
Have the feeling the little glitch wasn't so little, or the emails asking have been lost so no reply addresses are around to reply to.

Will head over to Astrofest, at least I know where I stand and what I am going to see and have talks on.
ronin

Postby uea74 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:06 pm

Another one waiting for tickets, booked 2 - 3 months back and although I have the payment confirmation(s) I have nothing else.

Just looked at the web site and there appears to have been no additions by people since August and September. The forum advertised hasn't materialised either.

Also tried email, 4 or 5 weeks ago, asking about the situation, but no response.

Is it dead?
uea74

Postby whiteshiva » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:53 pm

I've also sent an email a few weeks back and no response.

I've been doing some digging and the telephone number they advertise is the same as for the Stay Focused online shop. They seem to have an address in Birmingham and County Durham.

Here's the link to Stay Focused. If you notice the number on the Astronomy Show and the stay focused site, they are the same.

http://www.stayfocused.eu/

Go to Contact Us and you will see.

Am wondering whether to contact trading standards on this, as it's too late to claim the money back on Paypal having gone passed the 40 days since the transaction.

Allie
whiteshiva

Postby gordon_haynes » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:00 am

Hi
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, if you are not already aware Stayfocused have gone into liquidation and their website originally showed "We will be back soon", it now shows "This site is under Maintenance" (coincidentally this is the same message that is on the web page for the astronomy show in Birmingham). As a lot of people have mentioned the telephone number is the same as that for Astrosource so the assumption has to be made that they are indeed one and the same. It looks as though the show will not be happening and there have been some shenanigans going on with Stayfocused resulting in a lot of people losing money both on goods and tickets for the proposed show.
I notice that Steve "Asatron" has been very quiet in his lack of responses to further questions regarding tickets for the show, I wonder why? I had heard some rumours about this company from a friend in the business and it looks as though the rumours have come true
See you all at Astrofest, I will be on the Widescreen Centre stand
Best wishes
Gordon
gordon_haynes

Postby ronin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:16 am

Think that most had started to assume the worst. Shame that we have lost another retailer.

The Birmingham show looked good however I will say that the cost of the talks seemed very low. The cost was £3 for the whole lot, at 200 in the room it didn't seem enough to cover speakers expenses.

Would be interesting to know how many people actually booked tickets? I wonder if the take up was less then anticipated.

Better start considering a visit to the London show now.
ronin

Postby asatron » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:36 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: Gordon_Haynes

Hi
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, if you are not already aware Stayfocused have gone into liquidation and their website originally showed "We will be back soon", it now shows "This site is under Maintenance" (coincidentally this is the same message that is on the web page for the astronomy show in Birmingham). As a lot of people have mentioned the telephone number is the same as that for Astrosource so the assumption has to be made that they are indeed one and the same. It looks as though the show will not be happening and there have been some shenanigans going on with Stayfocused resulting in a lot of people losing money both on goods and tickets for the proposed show.
I notice that Steve "Asatron" has been very quiet in his lack of responses to further questions regarding tickets for the show, I wonder why? I had heard some rumours about this company from a friend in the business and it looks as though the rumours have come true
See you all at Astrofest, I will be on the Widescreen Centre stand
Best wishes
Gordon

[/quote]

Gordon

As you are aware from another forum where you started silly posts like this I gave you your answer. starting fire threads is not very good for the astro community when something like this happens. I would have more respect for you as a person if you had a voice of your own rather than playing the ventriloquists dummy.

I, as an employee of stayfocused did my upmost to keep problems to a minimum and in fact managed to refund almost all of the customers as well as return 80% of the stock before the Directors of the comapny pulled the plug. Most of the debts are actually Astrosource debts. It is in fact this, that contributed to the demise of stayfocused which was a good company with a healthy turnover etc etc I will put some links below to the relevent pages that you need to read up on before spouting nonsense about individuals who you do not know or have no 1st hand information about.

I am working very hard behind the scenes on this and if I do not get to your email promptly then I apologise but I will get there.

[url=http://stargazerslounge.com/astro-lounge/122678-important-announcement-stayfocused.html]Stargazers lounge link [/url]

[url=http://ukastroimaging.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=50997.0]UKAI Link[/url]

[url=http://www.wimbledonastro.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3]Wimbledon Astronomy Link [/url]

[url=http://www.astrochat.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=158433&sid=3600054de3b6fc60fc3ef2398ca5df10]Astrochat Link[/url]

I hope anybody who is a member of this site, who may also be a member of an astronomical society may mention this at there club as we know Astrosource had many dealings with societies as well as their members. we have found several more victims over the last few days and think there may be more we have not heard from who are not active on-line forum members. :(

many thanks

steve
asatron

Postby gordon_haynes » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:10 am

[quote] As you are aware from another forum where you started silly posts like this I gave you your answer. starting fire threads is not very good for the astro community when something like this happens. I would have more respect for you as a person if you had a voice of your own rather than playing the ventriloquists dummy.
[/quote]

Steve
I have read your response on the other forum and you have seen my reply, I don't regard it as a silly post or fire thread as it was intended to inform people who had apparently been left in the dark and were still wondering what was happening.
On the last point, I don't require your respect or anybody else's for that matter and my original posts were of my own doing and nobody else's so kindly don't bring other people into this thread who are not involved
Regards
Gordon

gordon_haynes

Postby macca » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:26 pm

:( Got all excited for a mo when I found the topic. Guess I'm not going to Birmingham after all tho' .. :(
macca

Postby david morris » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Saw this adn thought it was for this year, admin, can you delete old posts, or set up an autodelete for past events?
david morris

PreviousNext

Return to Past events