Welcome, welcome, welcome & thanks

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Welcome, welcome, welcome & thanks

Postby northerncross » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:23 pm

Isn't this great - we seem to be having a surge of new members - to whom I bid a warm welcome, and as I'm still in my infancy with both astronomy and this forum, I am unable to offer any advice (yet).

Prior to my joining the forum I must admit that I was initially a little hesitant, thinking that maybe the forum would be 'all anorack and OTT' - but no, there is a good amount of humour and friendliness here - so I urge anyone contemplating whether to join or not - [i][b][u]SIGN UP NOW[/u][/b] '[/i]cause I'm pretty certain that you (like myself) will find great deal of enjoyment here in this forum (I don't get out much!! sad isn't it!!) You will find that there are several very experienced and knowlegeable members who are so patient with us newbies and are more than willing to pass on the benefits of their experience, even though the same basic questions are asked over and over again (by different people/newbies). So - not only 'Welcome to our new members', but also, many thanks to the 'experts' whose patience and valued assistance is so greatly appreciated.

Captain slog - star date 24th February 2006 @ 13:48 hours, somewhere on planet Earth "We're driving this baby to the edge of the universe and beyond"

Ali
northerncross

RE: Welcome, welcome, welcome & thanks

Postby spudnuts » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:16 pm

hi moonshadow , i second ur comments about the patience of the other forum members who take the time to help other members with what to them may seem such simple questions
spudnuts

Postby jsc248 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:43 pm

Hi Ali,
I'm sure that I speak for everyone when I say, we're always happy to help!
Clear Skies
jsc248.
To me astronomy is looking up and thinking "What the heck is going on up there!!"
jsc248

Postby jess » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:53 pm

Hi Ali,

A bit belated (especially since I think you joined before me), but welcome! I'm glad to know I'm not the only newbie around here, though it looks as though there may be a few of us anyways. (Good thing there are those 'experts' around to help, right? :)) I'll probably talk to you around the boards!

-Jess
jess

Return to Introductions