Whats going on with FLO

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

Whats going on with FLO

Postby Betsy » Thu May 14, 2009 9:13 am

Could anybody enlighten me as to the problems which seem to be occuring with First Light Optics.
Not only have I now been waiting over 3 weeks for some equipment that was promised to me 2 weeks ago but they do not respond to e mails. They do not respond to their on line queery service. They do not answer the phone.
I have managed to get through to them twice in the last 3 weeks and on each ocdcasion I have been told that they would update me via e mail the next working day. Nothing comes through.
Are they still in business?
Getting really concerned now
Thanks
Nick[:@]
Betsy

RE: Whats going on with FLO

Postby big dipper » Thu May 14, 2009 1:40 pm

Definitely still in business Nick & I saw Steve on another astro forum just yesterday.

I've had an unanswered e-mail in the past but got a result by phoning. I can only assume that the lack of a phone response so far is down to either it being a busy period or staffing issue through the likes of holidays. Hopefully you'll get lucky on the phone when you next try.
big dipper

Postby adamsp123 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Phoned FLO - Steve on monday - ordered parts -arrived tuesday called again wednesday and spoke to Steve.
never had problems with FLO
adamsp123

Postby brianb » Thu May 14, 2009 3:36 pm

[quote]I've had an unanswered e-mail in the past but got a result by phoning.[/quote]
Me too, and from other suppliers as well. I suspect some e-mails are more equal than others - try the "sales" address, it often seems to be better monitored than "customer support".

brianb

Postby steve flo » Thu May 14, 2009 4:26 pm

Sincere apologies to anyone having difficulty reaching us. We took some time off to attend the SGL-4 Star Party and are also preparing for our move to a larger premises later this month so are running a bit behind.

Having said that, neither of the above has affected nickarp2000's order. He phoned us this morning and together we discovered that whilst we had responded to his helpdesk enquiry he had not received it, I am guessing it is in a spam folder somewhere. We also yesterday refunded one-half of the items price as an apology for the delay.

HTH,

Steve :-)

PS: Apologies for having skipped the welcome section, hope our post hasn't broken any forum rules.
steve flo

Postby adamsp123 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:23 pm

Spam filters can be a blessing or a curse
adamsp123

Postby steve flo » Wed May 20, 2009 8:46 pm

[quote]
.... preparing for our move to a larger premises later this month so are running a bit behind.
[/quote]

[size="3"]We are moving to a new home (still in Exeter) next week so our office will be closed from Saturday til Mon 1st June.

Our online store will remain open but orders might not be processed until we return.

If you need to contact us through this period please do so via our Helpdesk (link top-right corner of our website) [/size][size="3"]we might not be able to reply same-day but we will respond.

Thank-you for your patience [image]http://stargazerslounge.com/images/smilies/classic/smiley.gif[/image][/size] [/align]
steve flo

Postby steve flo » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:00 pm

[size="3"]We're back!

We had a few hiccups but overall the move appears to have gone well.

Thank-you for your patience.

Steve [image]http://www.popastro.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/image][/size]
steve flo

Return to General