Wish List For Technical Articles

A place for general chat about Sky at Night Magazine

Wish List For Technical Articles

Postby onemanband » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:20 am

Let's begin a list of stuff we'd like to see in S@N mags in the future.

I'll kick off with a few of my ideas:

Guide to Astroimaging - techniques and equipment - could be a muti-part series

Comparison of different types of scope, along with images taken using them, showing each type/size's potential.

Guide to buying equipment in general - so many types/prices - especially for eyepieces - what is a typical "split" for a budget, between scope, mount and eyepieces ?

just a thought...or three !!
onemanband

RE: Wish List For Technical Articles

Postby sigi » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:56 pm

Something I'd like to see personally, is a practical guide on observing, say deep sky objects...keeping in mind:
simplicity of locating them for 'relative' beginners on the night-sky
pictures taken by one common beginner telescopes with diferent magnifications, mags. in order of locationg the object, i.e. using low magnifications for wider field of view, increasing it higher, etc...

This would be great for a series in SKy@Night Magazine... every month's best deep sky object to observe....

I'm a subscriber to Sky@Night Magazine and I think its a really nice mag. already but there is soo much scope for improvement:-)

sigi

RE: Wish List For Technical Articles

Postby big dipper » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:26 am

They've obviously been listening to you Onemanband because there was a telescope review in the (I think) February issue. They've picked a good 'un with Adrian Ashford doing the reviews.
big dipper

Return to General