Special April issue - 50th Anniversary of Yuri Gagarin’s spaceflight
The April 2011 issue of Sky at Night Magazine is out in the shops next week!
Here’s what’s inside the jam-packed 100-pages and coverdisc
- Gagarin in Britain…the story of when the first man in space visited workers in Manchester as well as dignitaries in London
- Up, up and away….track Gagarin’s historic spaceflight from its launch to a dramatic return to Earth.
- Tales of Star City…author Richard Evans takes a tour of the Yuri Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Centre, at Star City, just outside Moscow
- A beginners’ guide to…oppositions
- Patrick Moore on when he met Yuri Gagarin
- Part one of our six-part course ‘Astrophotography – the complete guide’ – 13 pages of tutorials on how to capture nightscapes.
- Reviews: we review the Tal 125 Apolar apochromatic refractor in First Light and four refractors in our Group Test.
- Watch an episode of The Sky at Night, print out our deep sky tour chart, read get started guides, print out observing forms to record your observations, watch astronomy videos and view your Hotshots pictures on the coverdisc.
- Guides covering how to image Saturn, sketch The Needle Galaxy and observe the lunar crater Fracastorius.
- The world’s biggest and best skyguide
to the what you can see in the night skies in April including the Deep-Sky Tour
of faint fuzzies in the April night skies.
- The monthly Bulletin pages which bring you up to date on all the latest astronomical news as well as Cutting Edge analysis articles which highlight brand new research.
- Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions.
- Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
- Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
- What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you (also with astronomy related radio listings.)
- Hotshots: this month's pick of your very best astrophotos
- Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky
- The latest astronomy books reviewed