The April 2015 issue of BBC Sky at Night Magazine is out in the shops now!
Here’s what’s inside the 108-pages.
- Widen your horizon... How a simple DSLR and tripod can capture great shots of star trails, aurorae and more.
- The Hubble revolution... Join us as we celebrate 25 years of the Hubble Space Telescope and its iconic images.
- Drawn to Jupiter... Our expert guide to sketching the planet.
- The art of space imaging... Learn how the professionals turn data from ESO's VLT into stunning images.
- Religious observance... We profile the Vatican's world-class observatory in the US desert.
- How to build a dark sky city... On the ground in Flagstaff, Arizona, where authorities are wwaging war on light pollution.
- Reviews: we review the Sony α7S mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, the Celestron 11-inch Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt astrograph and the Vixen ED81SII 3-inch apochromatic refractor.
- Use our coverdisc to watch an episode of The Sky at Night, print out our deep sky tour chart, read get started guides, print out observing forms to record your observations, watch astronomy videos and view your Hotshots pictures.
- Guides covering how to make the most of your images of Venus, and the best time to observe the Lyrids in this month's Sky Guide.
- Our amazing skyguide shows what you can see in the night skies in March including the best pick of deep-sky, planetary and binocular objects in the March night skies.
- The monthly Bulletin pages which bring you up to date on all the latest astronomical news as well as Cutting Edge giving the highlights from brand new research.
- Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions.
- Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
- Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
- What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you (also with astronomy related tv & radio listings.)
- Hotshots - this month's pick of your very best astrophotos
- Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky.
- The latest astronomy books reviewed.