The April 2016 issue of BBC Sky at Night Magazine is in the shops now!
Inside this month's issue:
- Secrets of Selene - 20 lunar targets off the beaten path
- The Leviathan's Legacy - how Lord Rosse's 72-inch reflector changed the face of astronomy
- The Test of Time - Marek Kukula, public astronomer at the Royal Observatory Greenwich, compares Lord Rosse's sketches with modern astrophotos of the same objects
- Portrait of a Nebula - How to capture a nebula the old fashioned way: with pastels and paper
- Dark-Sky Nation - why Wales is becoming a stargazers' heaven
- From Planet Killer to Discoverer - How Mike Brown - the 'man who killed Pluto' - found its possible replacement.
- Return to Mars - what to expect from the ExoMars 2016 mission
- Reviews: Altair Astro Starwave Travel 70mm EDT-R refractor, Bresser Messier NT-150S, Sky Safari Pro 5
- Access the Bonus Content for a classic Sky at Night clip from 1967 in which Patrick Moore visits the Great Leviathan telescope at Birr Castle, Ireland.
Plus, we speak to ESA's Dr James Carpenter about humanity's return to the Moon, look at how 3D printing could establish a lunar base, April's Virtual Planetarium, deep sky tour chart, binocular tour, observing forms and Hotshots and Eye On The Sky picture galleries.
- Making the best of light-polluted skies in The Guide
- How to collimate binoculars
- Image processing - Derotate images with WinJupos, part 1
- Monthly Bulletin pages bring you up to date with all the latest astronomical news, as well as Cutting Edge revealing the highlights from brand new research
- Our March Sky Guide featuring the lunar occultation of Venus, an all-sky chart, a deep-sky tour and more...
- Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions
- Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
- Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
- What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you
- Hotshots - this month's pick of your very best astrophotos
- Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky
- The latest astronomy books