The JUne 2013 issue of Sky at Night Magazine is out in the shops now!
Here’s what’s inside the 108-pages and coverdisc.
- Expore the lunar domes… How to spot these enigmatic volcanic features.
- A decade of discovery… The science and success of the Mars Express mission, encapsulated by 10 of its most significant images.
- To the ends of time with ALMA… How interstellar gas and dust becomes a ball of fire.
- The life of stars: star death... How the world's largest radio telescope could change our understanding of the Universe.
- Great advances in astrophotography – The 25 developments that shaped astro imaging.
- Reviews: we review the iOptron SkyTracker camera mount, the Orion SkyQuest XX16g Dobsonian telescope and the Mesu-Mount 200.
- Watch an episode of The Sky at Night, print out our deep sky tour chart, read get started guides, print out observing forms to record your observations, watch astronomy videos and view your Hotshots pictures on the coverdisc.
- Guides covering how to capture an image of the crescent of Venus, sketch Saturn and observe the lunar crater Taruntius.
- The world’s biggest and best skyguide to what you can see in the night skies in February including the Deep-Sky Tour of deep sky objects in the November night skies.
- The monthly Bulletin pages which bring you up to date on all the latest astronomical news as well as Cutting Edge analysis articles which highlight brand new research.
- Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions.
- Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
- Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
- What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you (also with astronomy related tv & radio listings.)
- Hotshots - this month's pick of your very best astrophotos
- Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky.
- The latest astronomy books reviewed.