The February 2015 issue of BBC Sky at Night Magazine is out in the shops now!
Here’s what’s inside the 108-pages.
- A free pair of eclipse glasses... all print copies of BBC Sky at Night Magazine come with a free pair of eclipse glasses to safely watch the event.
- Stargazine LIVE... we give you a run down of this years Stargazing LIVE, including a list of events happening all over the UK.
- Messenger's last dispatch... as the NASA mission comes to an end, we look at what the spacecraft has told us about Mercury.
- Urban Astronomy... Join the Cardiff Astronomical Society to learn about observing from the centre of a city.
- LIVE around the world with Liz Bonnin... hear the inside scoop on Stargazing LIVE from roving reporter, Liz Bonnin
- Visual Observing Guide: Part 3... Become a pro-supernova hunter
- Reviews: we review the Sky-Watcher Star Discovery 150P Go-To reflector, the Altair Lightwave 72ED-R refractor and the Celestron NexImage Burst colour camera.
- Find the code to activate our online bonus content. Watch an episode of The Sky at Night, print out our deep sky tour chart, read get started guides, print out observing forms to record your observations, watch astronomy videos and view your Hotshots pictures.
- Guides covering how to capture an image of the conjunction of Mars and Venus and observe the lunar crater Fontenelle.
- Our amazing skyguide shows what you can see in the night skies in March including the best pick of deep-sky, planetary and binocular objects in the March night skies.
- The monthly Bulletin pages which bring you up to date on all the latest astronomical news as well as Cutting Edge giving the highlights from brand new research.
- Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions.
- Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
- Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
- What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you (also with astronomy related tv & radio listings.)
- Hotshots - this month's pick of your very best astrophotos
- Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky.
- The latest astronomy books reviewed.