The September 2013 issue of Sky at Night Magazine is out in the shops now!
Here’s what’s inside the 108-pages and coverdisc.
- The birth of The Sky at Night… Read the letters that led to the show's launch.
- Painting Patrick… The story behind Patrick's official BBC portrait.
- Launching a star… How Sky at Night Magazine came into being, nearly 50 years after the TV programme.
- 16-page pullout: The Sky at Night Magazine 100... The 100 sights every astronomer must see.
What we know now – We reflect on the most important astronomical discoveries sincve our first issue in 2005.
- Reviews: we review the Explore Scientific ED127, the Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 GT and the Celestron NexImage 5.
- Watch an episode of The Sky at Night, print out our deep sky tour chart, read get started guides, print out observing forms to record your observations, watch astronomy videos and view your Hotshots pictures on the coverdisc.
- Guides covering how to capture an image of the crescent of Venus, sketch Saturn and observe the lunar crater Taruntius.
- The world’s biggest and best skyguide to what you can see in the night skies in February including the Deep-Sky Tour of deep sky objects in the November night skies.
- The monthly Bulletin pages which bring you up to date on all the latest astronomical news as well as Cutting Edge analysis articles which highlight brand new research.
- Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions.
- Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
- Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
- What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you (also with astronomy related tv & radio listings.)
- Hotshots - this month's pick of your very best astrophotos
- Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky.
- The latest astronomy books reviewed.