The April 2013 issue of Sky at Night Magazine is out in the shops now!
Here’s what’s inside the 108-pages and coverdisc.
– Spectacular Saturn… Prepare for opposition with our ultimate guide, packed with charts, observing checklists and more.
– Light revolution… Our special report examines how changes to streetlighting and council initiatives could affect the UK’s night skies.
– Rise of the Newtonian… The origins of the most famous reflector design, beloved by amateur astronomers worldwide.
– Astronomy in Antarctica… We explore the many and varied science experiments that are only possible on this frozen continent.
– Eyes on Antarctic skies – We asked three astro imagers in Antarctica to send us their best shots – the results are simply stunning.
– Reviews: we review the iOptron Smart EQ Go-To mount, Revelation 25×100 binoculars and Startools software.
– Watch an episode of The Sky at Night, print out our deep sky tour chart, read get started guides, print out observing forms to record your observations, watch astronomy videos and view your Hotshots pictures on the coverdisc.
– Guides covering how to capture an image of the crescent of Venus, sketch Saturn and observe the lunar crater Taruntius.
– The world’s biggest and best skyguide to what you can see in the night skies in February including the Deep-Sky Tour of deep sky objects in the November night skies.
– The monthly Bulletin pages which bring you up to date on all the latest astronomical news as well as Cutting Edge analysis articles which highlight brand new research.
– Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions.
– Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
– Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
– What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you (also with astronomy related tv & radio listings.)
– Hotshots – this month’s pick of your very best astrophotos
– Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky.
– The latest astronomy books reviewed.