Secrets of the Moon… we reveal the startling new advances in our understanding of Earth’s satellite.
– Christmas gift guide….writing your Christmas list? Then read our guide to this year’s must-have astro presents.
Stargazing LIVE needs you! How your local astronomy society can get involved in BBC TV’s live extravaganza.
– A FREE 2012 calendar with images from this year’s Astronomy Photographer of the Year competition.
– Eta Carinae…how much do we really know about the brightest variable star in the Milky Way?
A beginners’ guide to…Go-To telescopes< Patrick Moore describes the techniques he used to sketch the Moon.
How to…use a polarscope to align your mount. Chasing the ISS…how to capture amazingly detailed images of the International Space Station from your back garden.
– Reviews: we review the Istar Perseus AT150-12 refractor in First Light and four 8-inch Newtonian reflectors in our Group Test.
Watch an episode of The Sky at Night, print out our deep sky tour chart, read get started guides, print out observing forms to record your observations, watch astronomy videos and view your Hotshots pictures on the coverdisc.
Guides covering how to image the Horsehead Nebula, sketch M33 and observe the Promontorium Agarum.
The world’s biggest and best skyguide to the what you can see in the night skies in November including the Deep-Sky Tour of faint fuzzies in the December night skies.
– The monthly Bulletin pages which bring you up to date on all the latest astronomical news as well as Cutting Edge analysis articles which highlight brand new research.
Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions.
– Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
– Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
– What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you (also with astronomy related radio listings.)
– Hotshots: this month’s pick of your very best astrophotos
– Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky
– The latest astronomy books reviewed.