The December 2012 issue of Sky at Night Magazine is out in the shops now!
Here’s what’s inside the 106-pages and coverdisc.
– 10 winter wonders… Ten of our experts share their favourite winter objects – we tell you how to see them.
– Apollo 17… Our final Apollo retrospective bids farewell to the last men who set foot on the Moon.
– The Christmas survival guide… All the gear and gadgets you need to make it through a cloud-covered festive season.
– The spirit of Apollo… Find out why astronauts came back to Earth with a fresh view on our place in the cosmos.
– Working with WinJUPOS – Four projects to help you improve your planetary images using this free software.
– Reviews: we review the Officina Stellare RH-200 8-inch astrograph the Vixen Sphinx Pro equatorial Go-To mount and the Orion StarShoot G3 monochrome CCD camera.
– Watch an episode of The Sky at Night, print out our deep sky tour chart, read get started guides, print out observing forms to record your observations, watch astronomy videos and view your Hotshots pictures on the coverdisc.
– Guides covering how to capture an image of the crescent of Venus, sketch Saturn and observe the lunar crater Taruntius.
– The world’s biggest and best skyguide to what you can see in the night skies in December including the Deep-Sky Tour of deep sky objects in the November night skies.
– The monthly Bulletin pages which bring you up to date on all the latest astronomical news as well as Cutting Edge analysis articles which highlight brand new research.
– Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions.
– Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
– Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
– What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you (also with astronomy related tv & radio listings.)
– Hotshots – this month’s pick of your very best astrophotos
– Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky.
– The latest astronomy books reviewed.