The February 2013 issue of Sky at Night Magazine is out in the shops now!
Here’s what’s inside the 114-pages and coverdisc.
– In memory of Sir Patrick Moore… The story of his life, from his military years to his record run as television presenter.
– A team pays tribute… The Sky at Night TV show reveal their own experiences of working with a legend.
– Your messages of remembrance… Friends and fans share their anecdotes, stories and memories of Patrick.
– Astronomy photographer of the year 2013… All you need to know to enter your photos.
– The forgotten skies – Make the most of a trip to La Palma, one of the finest observing locations in the world. .
– Reviews: we review the Altair Astro LightWave 60mm, three Mead eXtreme Wide-Angle 2-inch eyepieces and the Orion StarShoot AllSky Camera II.
– Watch an episode of The Sky at Night, print out our deep sky tour chart, read get started guides, print out observing forms to record your observations, watch astronomy videos and view your Hotshots pictures on the coverdisc.
– Guides covering how to capture an image of the crescent of Venus, sketch Saturn and observe the lunar crater Taruntius.
– The world’s biggest and best skyguide to what you can see in the night skies in February including the Deep-Sky Tour of deep sky objects in the November night skies.
– The monthly Bulletin pages which bring you up to date on all the latest astronomical news as well as Cutting Edge analysis articles which highlight brand new research.
– Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions.
– Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
– Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
– What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you (also with astronomy related tv & radio listings.)
– Hotshots – this month’s pick of your very best astrophotos
– Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky.
– The latest astronomy books reviewed.