BBC Sky at Night Magazine July 2014 issue
Find out what's in the July 2014 issue of BBC Sky at Night Magazine.
The July 2014 issue of BBC Sky at Night Magazine is out in the shops now!
Here’s what’s inside the 108-pages and coverdisc.
- Making an impact… Meet the amateurs and pros who have witnessed what happens when asteroids slam into planets.
- Pluto on the horizon - Catch up with New Horizons in the final leg of its nine-year voyage to meet dwarf planet Pluto.
- An observatory far far away… TCan remote imaging deliver a perfect astro photo?
- The aurora: calling time on timelapse... Join the crew that filmed the aurora in real time.
Birth of a giant telescope – The secrets of Mexico's new monster scope, the LMT.
- Reviews: we review the Revelation 10-inch M-CRF Premium Dobsonian, the iOpron SkyGuider tracking mount and the Orion StarShoot All-In-One astronomy camera.
- Watch an episode of The Sky at Night, print out our deep sky tour chart, read get started guides, print out observing forms to record your observations, watch astronomy videos and view your Hotshots pictures on the coverdisc.
- Guides covering how to capture an image of the crescent of Venus, sketch Saturn and observe the lunar crater Taruntius.
- The world’s biggest and best skyguide to what you can see in the night skies in February including the Deep-Sky Tour of deep sky objects in the November night skies.
- The monthly Bulletin pages which bring you up to date on all the latest astronomical news as well as Cutting Edge analysis articles which highlight brand new research.
- Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions.
- Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
- Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
- What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you (also with astronomy related tv & radio listings.)
- Hotshots - this month's pick of your very best astrophotos
- Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky.
- The latest astronomy books reviewed.