BBC Sky at Night Magazine: June 2014 issue
Find out what's in the June 2014 issue of BBC Sky at Night Magazine.
The June 2014 issue of BBC Sky at Night Magazine is out in the shops now!
Here’s what’s inside the 108-pages and coverdisc.
- The new race for the Moon… The new generation of lunar programmes is here - but will they be defined by collaboration or competition.
- A dome of one's own - Through the keyholes of four garden observatories.
- Emett's Lunacycle… The odd invention that won over Sir patrick Moore.
- Jewels of summer... Take a 15-stop hop around the best of the June skies.
Black hole hunters – Catch up with the scientists tracking down the very begginings of supermassive black holes.
- Reviews: we review the Altair Astro RC250-TT, the Sky-Watcher Esprit 100ED triple refractor and the ZWO ASII30MM monochrome high frame rate camera.
- Watch an episode of The Sky at Night, print out our deep sky tour chart, read get started guides, print out observing forms to record your observations, watch astronomy videos and view your Hotshots pictures on the coverdisc.
- Guides covering how to capture an image of the crescent of Venus, sketch Saturn and observe the lunar crater Taruntius.
- The world’s biggest and best skyguide to what you can see in the night skies in February including the Deep-Sky Tour of deep sky objects in the November night skies.
- The monthly Bulletin pages which bring you up to date on all the latest astronomical news as well as Cutting Edge analysis articles which highlight brand new research.
- Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions.
- Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
- Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
- What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you (also with astronomy related tv & radio listings.)
- Hotshots - this month's pick of your very best astrophotos
- Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky.
- The latest astronomy books reviewed.
Find out how to subscribe to BBC Sky at Night Magazine.