The May 2013 issue of Sky at Night Magazine is out in the shops now!
Here’s what’s inside the 108-pages and coverdisc.
– What’s happened to solar maximum?… Explore the mystery of our quiet star and get to grips with the solar cycle.
– Take your astro imaging to the next level… Become the next Astronomy Photogrpaher of the Year.
– The life of stars: star birth… How interstellar gas and dust becomes a ball of fire.
– The life of stars: star death… Why some stars explode rather than dying quietly.
– The glow from the edge of space – Top tips for observing the only good type of cloud – the etheral night-shining variety .
– Reviews: we review the Sky-Watcher Heritage-90 Virtuoso auto-tracking scope, three Celestron AVX Go-To mount and the Orion Optics AG12 astrograph.
– Watch an episode of The Sky at Night, print out our deep sky tour chart, read get started guides, print out observing forms to record your observations, watch astronomy videos and view your Hotshots pictures on the coverdisc.
– Guides covering how to capture an image of the crescent of Venus, sketch Saturn and observe the lunar crater Taruntius.
– The world’s biggest and best skyguide to what you can see in the night skies in February including the Deep-Sky Tour of deep sky objects in the November night skies.
– The monthly Bulletin pages which bring you up to date on all the latest astronomical news as well as Cutting Edge analysis articles which highlight brand new research.
– Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions.
– Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
– Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
– What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you (also with astronomy related tv & radio listings.)
– Hotshots – this month’s pick of your very best astrophotos
– Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky.
– The latest astronomy books reviewed.