Inside this month's issue:
- Mercury - all you need to know about the planet closest to the Sun, including how to observe the 9 May transit
- Spying a Solar System's Birth - how the worl'ds most advanced telescope are hunting down nascent planetary systems
- Back Garden Breakthroughs - the amateur astronomers whose observations have helped further science
- When Religion Meets ET -how would Earth's religions cope with the discovery of alien life?
- The Gravitational Wave Revolution - Govert Schilling explores the discovery that could change astronomy
- Reviews: Nikon D810A DSLR camera, Vixen SSW eyepiece series, Altair Astro Starwave Classic 102mm achromat refractor
- Access the Bonus Content for our interview with Adam Steltzner, the man who landed the Curiosity Rover on Mars
Plus, March's Sky at Night episode, ESA videos looking at the science behind LISA Pathfinder, and architects Foster + Partners reveal their vision of a human settlement on Mars. Plus, May's Virtual Planetarium, deep sky tour chart, binocular tour, observing forms and Hotshots and Eye On The Sky picture galleries.
- Exploring the moons of Mars in The Guide
- How to Automate Your Observatory, part 1
- Image processing - Derotate images with WinJupos, part 2
- Monthly Bulletin pages bring you up to date with all the latest astronomical news, as well as Cutting Edge revealing the highlights from brand new research
- Our May Sky Guide featuring the transit of Mercury, an all-sky chart, a deep-sky tour and more...
- Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions
- Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
- Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
- What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you
- Hotshots - this month's pick of your very best astrophotos
- Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky
- The latest astronomy books reviewed