You can subscribe to BBC Sky at Night Magazine in print and digital, or click here for individual digital issues.
Inside this month’s new-look issue:
- Free meteor shower poster – revealing the top showers for 2019 and when to see them
- Capture the night sky with a smartphone – from point-and-shoot to pairing with your scope
- Adventures in the aurora zone – hunting the Northern Lights in Swedish Lapland
- Imaging for science: the deep sky – spectroscopy and photometry: two ways to boost the scientific value of your photography
- Apollo 9 – the story of the early Moon mission trailblazers
William Optics Zenithstar 61 apo refractor
Altair Ultraflat eyepieces
Online Bonus Content
Pete Lawrence and Paul Abel guide us through March’s night skies in the Virtual Planetarium.
We speak to telescope scientist Tim Abbott to find out the latest from a mission looking into the nature of dark energy
Watch an episode of The Sky at Night in this month’s Bonus Content, in which Chris Lintott visits NASA mission control to witness the reaction as New Horizons makes its Kuiper Belt flyby.
Also this month:
How to capture impressive aurora photographs – even from the UK
Tips for processing nebula images
How to build a smartphone holder for your telescope
Monthly Bulletin pages bring you up to date with all the latest astronomical news, as well as Cutting Edge revealing the highlights from brand new research
Our March Sky Guide featuring zodiacal light, equinox aurora and Mars.
Our Scope Doctor answers your technical kit questions
Interactive: your letters, tweets, forum posts and readers’ scopes
Gear – a round up of the latest astronomical accessories
What’s On listings – find out what astronomy events are on near you
Gallery – this month’s pick of your very best astrophotos
Beautiful new images from space in Eye on the Sky
The latest astronomy books reviewed